Executive Pastor of Ministry Development
Northside Christian Church
Why We Love This Opportunity *
Northside’s mission is to connect unconnected people to Jesus Christ by connecting them to Christ, Community and their Calling. This is the perfect time for the right leader to join the momentum of what God is doing in and through this next level ministry!
Church or Org Description *
Northside’s mission is to connect unconnected people to Jesus Christ by connecting them to Christ, Community and their Calling. Lead Pastor Nate Ross is a solid communicator and a strategic leader. Plus, the team is packed with talent, passion, and fun.
Northside is a healthy multi-generational church with nearly 7,000 people consistently gathering to worship and engage in ministry on a weekend at one location. The three core values of Christ, Community, and Calling act as guideposts for all vision for the future and ministry investment. The church is located in New Albany, IN, on the Ohio River opposite Louisville, Kentucky, and is considered part of the greater metro area.
The facilities are modern and inviting, sitting on 70 acres. The auditorium seats 2000 and is a fantastic space for worship and production. Auxiliary ministry space and gathering areas are very conducive to community connections throughout the week.
They desire a leader with a heart for the next generation, discipleship, a passion for community, and a strong ability to lead leaders with Vision and Relationship. A leader who comes with a commitment to this will find great fulfillment in ministry at Northside Christian Church!
Position Description *
Northside is applying the 3-Legged Stool approach to their Executive Leadership, and this new leader will work closely with the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor of Ministry Operations to execute the vision, lead the staff and keep their sights on the future to strategize and organize in preparation.
- Coach/Lead the Outreach, NextGen and Community Life staff
- Participate as a part of the executive leadership team
- Develop the staff to stay healthy, hungry, unified and among the people, creating rhythms of ministry planning, execute ministry plans and measure ministry effectiveness across the entire team.
- Identify, develop & lead new initiatives for developing leaders to carry out the mission of Christ through Northside.
- Help with sermon content planning, sermon question writing for life groups, and bringing teams together to work on developing parents, leaders and others to be healthy followers of Jesus.
This person must be a strategic, people-oriented leader. Their oversight of staff must come from a perspective of a Player-Coach leading the teams to collaborative wins while stepping into hands-on ministry alongside the team. This leader should have the heart of a pastor who wants to see the staff grow in vocational abilities as well as in their spiritual lives.