A new calendar year provides an opportunistic and important time to lead splendiferously. The following are three powerful questions to ask yourself, followed by five ways to lead well into 2019.
- What would make 2019 a successful year?
- How will 2019 results be different than years prior?
- What personal rhythms will help you be the person you want to be?
1. Maximize the Holidays
- Extravagant experiences: create “wow” environments
- Calls to action: provide easy and clear next steps for people to take
- Spoil your team: appreciate and care for people over-the-top
2. Spiritual Vibrancy
- Rest: do what you need to do to be your best
- Centering: be awake to truth and spiritual awareness
- Remembrance: be steadfastly mindful of what matters most
3. Strategic Planning
- Immediate: a review with your team to ensure you’re prepared
- Short-term: be intentional and specific with leadership action steps and calendaring
- Long-term: take the time to set goals with accountable action steps
4. Masterful Communications
- Digital: have a presence and be up-to-date
- Personal: prepare how and what needs to be said
- Communal: give your people purpose-driven talking points
5. Stewardship Savvy
- Giving: give people amazing opportunities to give
- Investing: use resources where huge impacts will be had
- Budgeting: craft a strategic budget and consider moving to a July-June fiscal year
I’d love to hear your ideas and action steps as well. Feel free to comment and share!