Lifepoint Church

Worship Pastor (Westerville Campus)

Westerville,

Ohio

Why I Love This Opportunity

Mike Haight

Associate

Lifepoint is a team-oriented, vision-driven, and healthy multisite church with five campuses across the north side of Columbus, OH. The new Worship Pastor will oversee the worship ministry on the Westerville Campus, overseeing and facilitating the day-to-day operations. This person will join a tight-knit team of campus worship pastors who collaborate extremely well and enjoy doing things with a high degree of excellence. The Worship Pastor will inherit a well-established ministry and have ample latitude to dream while being well-resourced and supported. All this while living in a beautiful city, expecting unprecedented growth over the next decade.

About This Organization

Lifepoint Church’s vision is to become a people who draw life from God and point others to him as they multiply kingdom impact in mid-Ohio, the mid-west, and the world. The church strives to equip, empower, and release its members into ministry where they live, work, and play. They are known for missional living, friendliness, and approachable Biblical-based teaching with practical application.

Lifepoint was launched in 2004 when three founding pastors joined in planting a church on the north side of Columbus, Ohio. Today, nearly 4,500 people attend weekly worship services on average across the church’s six campuses, with over 6,000 people calling Lifepoint their church family. Nearly 3,000 people are also connected in weekly small group communities called Lifegroups.

The worship ministry is exceptionally healthy and desires to draw life from God and point others to Him. Those serving on the worship team are characterized by humility, loyalty, faithfulness, a strong desire to grow, and an openness to coaching. Their goal is to lead the church into a place (physically, emotionally, and spiritually) where people can worship God. Excellence is valued, and they want to offer their best, being void of anything that takes attention away from God and puts it on anything or anyone else. The musical worship at Lifepoint is decidedly modern but without undue pressure to be the trendiest church in town.

Position Description

The Worship Pastor will oversee and facilitate the day-to-day operations of the worship ministries at Lifepoint’s Westerville Campus. This campus averages around 600 in weekend attendance and is steadily growing. To accommodate growth, Lifepoint is actively looking for a new building to be home for this campus. The new Worship Pastor will have the opportunity to help shape the design of the new worship space. This person will oversee a worship team consisting of about 90% high-capacity volunteers that serve every Sunday, with the other 10% being contracted musicians. They will also collaborate with other campus worship pastors to help shape the worship culture across all campuses. This cross-campus team seeks to use its gifts as a cohesive unit.

Key Responsibilities:

  • Provide leadership and general direction for Worship Ministries at the Westerville campus.
  • Give leadership and pastoral care to leaders and volunteers on the Westerville Worship team.
  • Oversee, lead, and pastor the Westerville Production staff and volunteer team.
  • Work with worship pastors on the Cross-Campus (CC) Team for collaborative planning and alignment of annual and weekly calendar and action plans (scheduling set lists, dates, events, auditions, training, etc.).
  • Oversee and lead the implementation of the annual calendar and action plans agreed to by the CC Worship team at the Westerville Campus.
  • Oversee and lead in the planning and overseeing of annual budgets and expenditures at the Westerville Campus.
  • Oversee the recruitment and equipping of an appropriate volunteer base for the Westerville Campus.
  • Foster a culture of developing, equipping, empowering, and multiplying coaches and leaders.
  • Work with the broader Lifepoint staff and CC teams to schedule worship leaders for events as needed.
  • Work with the CC Team to compose and record original music for Lifepoint Collective.
  • Meet regularly with the Westerville Teaching Pastor to communicate worship strategy, vision, and cross-campus alignment.

What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:

  • The successful candidate will be a strong vocalist and gifted musician who cares about musical excellence.
  • This person should see themselves as a pastor, not just an artist.
  • The new hire should be highly relational, lead passionately, and have the heart to shepherd and develop others.
  • This person should value teamwork and collaboration and lead more from influence than directive.

Can't Find What You're Looking For?

Sign up for new job postings and get them delivered straight to your inbox.