Westbrook Christian Church
Why We Love This Opportunity
If you are looking to be a part of a great team and would like the opportunity to influence and connect with potentially thousands of students from many different ethnicities and backgrounds then the Student Pastor position at Westbrook Christian Church is for you. This is a place where you can grow and do ministry just outside of the great city of Chicago.
About This Organization
Westbrook Christian Church is a multi-generational, multi-ethnic church in Bolingbrook, IL. It was launched in October of 1996 by Pastor Mont Mitchell, who continues to lead the church today. This church began with a vision to help people come to know Christ fully and make Him known! To this day, they hold true to that vision in everything they do. As a multiethnic church, they seek to understand the ever-changing community and quickly adapt to meet the needs.
This position is to serve as a pastor of Westbrook Christian Church, working primarily with junior and senior high students (6th-12th grade), while developing and training leaders to help lead and grow the student ministry.
- Helping students continue to come to know and follow Christ\
- Addressing the spiritual, relational, and emotional needs of students and leaders in your ministry
- Organizing regular gatherings of students with a curriculum of your choosing to best communicate with them
- Continuing to develop and train adult leaders
- Developing communication strategies for parents/guardians to stay engaged with their student’s spiritual growth
- Planning events that will connect more students to the Westbrook Students ministry
- Working with the Westbrook Kids team to ensure that family ministry is cohesive
- To assist and support all the ministries of WCC and its staff
- Other duties fitting a Director or Minister of Westbrook Christian Church
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- Commitment to WCC`s philosophy of Ministry
- Experience developing and training teams of adult leaders and coaches
- Intense desire and passion to lead students to Christ and to grow in Him
- Leadership and vision-casting abilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)Ordination (preferred)
- Leading and organizing a student ministry (weekly programming, events, connecting with students, and partnering with parents)
-Preaching and teaching skills
-Familiarity with Pro-Presenter and Planning Center (People, Registrations, Services, Calendar)
-Familiarity with DYM, Canva, and other applicable ministry tools
-Would be willing to start immediately
Share This resource