Director of Marketing
Why I Love This Opportunity
Upper House’s passion for hospitality and serving the Madison community is evident in all that they do. The leadership and staff live by a compelling vision to serve the community while at the intersection of curiosity for academics, faculty, students, pastors, and business leaders to convene in one place. This opportunity is perfect for a marketing leader with a passion for demonstrating the powerful testimony of Jesus to the next generation at a leading University.
About This Organization
Upper House is a CENTER for Christian study and practice at
the University of Wisconsin-Madison. As a center for Christian gathering and learning in a university setting, we explore ideas, acknowledge complexity, and support growth in Christian thinking, being, and doing.
The Stephen & Laurel Brown Foundation was incorporated in 2013. The Foundation’s initiative, Upper House, was launched in January 2015. Since its inception, Upper House has welcomed nearly 425,000 in-person guests from all walks of life.
Based in University Square, Upper House provides multi-experiential space and programming expertise, where people, faith and values, ideas, and the arts come together in a dynamic environment that fosters vocational, intellectual, spiritual, and cultural formation.
The Director of Marketing will serve as the brand visionary/champion for the organization. Working closely with the Executive Director and the team as a whole, this leader will inspire, embody, and translate the next horizon of Upper House’s brand and communication philosophy and strategy.
The Director of Marketing will bring brand, marketing, and communication leadership and oversight in four broad areas of the Foundation’s work:
- Brand, Marketing, and Communications Innovation
- Brand, Marketing, and Communications Stewardship
- Brand Ambassadorship
- Brand and Communications Empowerment
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- Commitment to the Lordship of Jesus Christ that extends to all dimensions of life
- High level of spiritual maturity and affirms the Upper House Statement of Faith
- Demonstrated record of marketing experience in a creative brand-led organization or within a marketing/brand agency to bridge the marketing, brand, and communication needs of the organization with its academic, theological, and marketplace commitments
- Experience in leading and equipping a team of talented creators
- Collaborative approach and expertise in partnering with diverse stakeholder groups
- Deep intellectual curiosity and passion for connecting Scripture and theology to the scholarly and professional pursuits of core audiences
Share This resource