Summit Park Church
Lee's Summit, Missouri
Why I Love This Opportunity
The work that God is doing at Summit Park Church is inspiring. This is a place that is ALIVE with the Spirit of God and the energy is contagious. I’m excited to point this Youth Director search because SPC is a movement that believes in the next generation. Lives are being changed. Leaders are being developed. Finding the right Youth Director to step into this role will be a game-changer for the youth ministry going forward. The future is bright!
About This Organization
Summit Park Church is about new beginnings – a new church and a fresh start for the future. Summit Park Church launched in the fall of 2013. The story began back in 2012 when Lead Pastors Scott and Jen Obremski began to feel God leading them to step away from the church they loved to start a church in Lee’s Summit. In the weeks and months that followed, God began to open doors, stir hearts, and gather the close-knit community that would become Summit Park.
The story of Summit Park Church is one of dreaming, belonging, creating, and loving. It is centered on Jesus and anchored in God’s word. It is a story that does not settle for the status quo but looks to the future with hope. And it’s a story we want you to be a part of.
The Role of a Youth Director is to help students and young adults find and follow Jesus. Through the recruitment and training of volunteers, they will plan and execute services/events/groups. This role requires the ability to serve in a wide capacity to develop services, and events, and develop leaders.
- Be committed to the vision of Summit Park Church
- Uphold the mission and values of the church (Live. Connect. Serve. Invite. Give)
- Lead weekly Student services
- Recruit, Train, and Appreciate volunteers for the implementation of Student Services, Events, and Groups
- Strategically plan Student Services, events, and other programming
- Recruit/lead a volunteer team to set up and tear down for events
- Lead the follow-up system with Student VIPS
- Lead the planning and implementation of Student Leadership/Internship Program
- Participate in a variety of roles during all church events
- Strategically plan and coordinate Young Adult Events
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with various leaders in the community for outreach purposes.
- Coordinate Young Adult small groups.
- Serve as Student and Young Adult Connector during weekend services.
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- A strong candidate will build, develop, and scale the ministry further
- A strong candidate will develop other leaders and be a leader of leaders
- A strong candidate will have a strong, evangelistic heart for students
Share This resource