Orland Park Christian Reformed Church
Orland Park, Illinois
Why We Love This Opportunity
This is an incredible opportunity to shape the future of worship for a growing church while working alongside a healthy staff. Orland Park CRC is looking for a leader! Pastor Derek wants someone to partner with him to implement new and creative elements in worship that encourage engagement and expressiveness. They have some incredible players and great people, but they need someone to lead the team well. This person will have the opportunity to guide both blended and contemporary services. Anyone with a love for music and various styles will thrive here.
About This Organization
Orland Park Christian Reformed Church is a growing church in the suburbs of Chicago, Illinois. They are an incredible story of God’s faithfulness for 100+ years and continue to reach new, young families. Their remodel of the main sanctuary and kids’ areas has prepared them for their next season of ministry. God has been moving in powerful ways through Orland Park CRC, and the best is yet to come!
The mission of Orland Park CRC is simple. The gospel of Jesus Christ compels them to worship, serve, and learn about God, and, by the transforming power of the Holy Spirit, to take that gospel to our community and the world.
The Worship Director will craft, direct, and implement the worship of Orland Park CRC. This person will be directly responsible for leading the worship experiences at all Sunday services, including blended and contemporary styles, plus various special events. In leading corporate worship, they will disciple and encourage the church to increasingly become a Christ-exulting, biblically-rooted, and confessional body of believers. They will collaborate with the Lead Pastor to cast vision for the worship of the church as well as oversee the worship ministry—caring for, coordinating, and recruiting team members.
- Plan, direct, and lead all worship services of the church
- Recruit, train, and develop worship volunteers
- Provide spiritual care for the worship team by discipling, praying for, and training its members
- Manage and oversee all worship staff and volunteers (AVL Coordinators, Choir Director, Interns)
- Implement new and creative elements in worship that encourage engagement and expressiveness
- Work closely with the lead pastor to guide and shepherd the worship life of the church
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- Loves Jesus: Has a continually growing relationship with Jesus and a passion for caring for and helping people grow closer to Jesus.
- Builder + Leader: Energized by an opportunity to shape and build a thriving worship ministry.
- Highly Relational: Loves people and desires to pour into the team and church.
- Musically Gifted: Enjoys crafting and leading services that involve blended and contemporary music.
- Draws People Into Worship: Derek is looking for a partner in ministry to lead people in worship with both awe and joy. To really pull them in. Passion is a must.
Share This resource