Worship Ministry Lead
Why We Love This Opportunity
Keystone is healthy, growing, and full of faith for the future. They have cast a clear vision, and there is incredible unity among the elders and staff around the future direction. The ministry here is marked by the desire to develop leaders, plant churches, and reach the next generation. The new Worship Ministry Lead will lead this congregation in Christ-centered, participatory worship and will do so in an exciting and vital ministry environment.
About This Organization
The heart of Keystone Church centers around a “sending” culture. As part of the SALT Network of churches, there is a strong emphasis on collegiate ministry. Developing next-generation leaders is a prominent focus. The church’s five-year vision is to be an “overflowing fountainhead of Gospel expansion by developing gospel formed leaders who will overflow into the community, campus, and the world.” Over the last six years, this congregation of 1000 has sent over 120 people to church plants in different cities and states, and they will plant a new church every three years.
Those who work here find it to be a place full of joy. The team is high functioning, fast-paced, and hard-working, but they like to have fun. There is a high expectation but also a high degree of trust. Keystone is a place where staff members are cared for well. Those who are part of the team feel seen and valued, and people are placed before tasks here. It is often said that they “want more for you than from you.” This attitude extends to volunteers also leadership development is a cornerstone philosophy for Keystone. The staff gathers every day at 10:02 am to pray that God would raise up laborers for the harvest. The expectation is that every team member would identify potential leaders, then encourage and empower them. On this team, “the most honored person is the person who can raise others up.”
In a season of God’s significant direction and provision, the church is on the cusp of walking into a new building slated for completion in 2023. Construction is currently underway, and they are full of faith in how God will continue to use them to reach their growing community. The new facility will feature a 1000-seat worship center and a significant kid’s wing, equipping space, and office space for staff.
The Worship Ministry Lead is responsible to shape and execute the worship culture at Keystone Church. This person will serve as a vision shaper, worship leader, shepherd, and resource for the church at large.
- Work with Elders and Lead Pastor to define and execute the worship culture at Keystone.
- Envision the future and bring concrete solutions to current needs.
- Plan worship services and coordinate all service components and volunteers.
- Function as primary worship leader while maintaining a culture of plurality in worship leadership.
- Recruit and Develop new Worship Leaders.
- Execute a feedback system that gives consistent feedback for the team to grow.
- Ensure the team is growing in knowing and following Jesus, not just musical and platform skill.
- Care for the off-stage needs of the worship ministry team.
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- The successful candidate will be a dynamic and high-energy leader who is visionary, strategic, and a self-starter.
- This person should be a strong leader who provides direction with a sense of humility and an understanding of the culture within which they are leading.
- The Worship Ministry Lead should have strong musical skills while also being authentic and relatable from the platform.
- The ideal candidate will not have a need to always be on the platform but should have a vision and be prepared to invest in others to lead on the weekend.
- This person should model a heart of worship and be radically Gospel-centered, and theologically accurate.
Share This resource