Hill Country Youth Ranch
Chief Development Officer
Why I Love This Opportunity
Hill Country Youth Ranch’s rich history and unwavering dedication to its mission is inspiring. This role offers the opportunity to contribute to the organization’s transformative phase while building a dynamic development plan and team. It’s an exciting opportunity for someone to be a member of the Executive Team, facilitating change and strengthening the organization’s mission as HCYR evolves and continues to impact the foster care system and surrounding Texas communities.
About This Organization
Hill Country Youth Ranch is a unique foster care organization that is passionately committed to its mission of providing a safe, loving, and life-enhancing Christian environment for children and young adults. They offer a unique blend of residential treatment, traditional family care, and charter schools. Through these services and enrichment programs, they not only support the path of healing but also impart valuable skills, empowering these young individuals as they grow into a brighter future.
The Chief Development Officer will serve on the Executive Leadership Team and coordinate all donation and fundraising programs and activities for Hill Country Youth Ranch.
- Fund Development Strategy, Planning, and Execution (Approximately 20% of time)
Lead the strategic development of the Ranches’ fundraising efforts, including creating and executing annual fund development plans, aligning strategies with the Ranches’ mission, managing annual giving campaigns, data and donor coordination, budgeting, and crafting marketing materials to enhance brand awareness and engage diverse donor audiences.
- Donor Relations (Approximately 40% of time)
Collaborate with the Executive Director and Founder to foster new relationships with high-capacity donors, drive interest in Ranch activities, write grant proposals, manage donor acknowledgments, coordinate recognition events, conduct campus tours, and oversee the production and distribution of Ranch newsletters.
- Team Development (Approximately 20% of time)
Drive staff performance through leadership, goal setting, and target achievement, support special event planning, foster relationships with program staff, and collaborate across departments to expand donor relationships and fundraising opportunities.
- Executive Leadership (Approximately 20% of time)
Key member of the Executive Leadership team actively engage with the Board, Foundation Trustees, and Auxiliary. Nurture organization-wide relationships and communication, exemplify responsibility, maturity, and positive role modeling in interactions, and support a culture of gratitude and service.
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- ALIGNED VALUES: Alignment with Christian values and a strong moral code. Commitment to representing traditional family structures.
- HIGHLY RELATIONAL: Engaging with the local community and building a positive image for the organization.
- EXPERIENCED DEVELOPER: Planner and implementer of fundraising plans; practical, systematic thinker.
- LEADER & TEAM BUILDER: help fill leadership gaps and have a consistent approach to development & marketing.
- STRONG COMMUNICATOR: Strong written and verbal communication skills for donor engagement and storytelling.
- DATA ANALYST: Use data and analytics to inform and improve fundraising efforts.
Share This resource