Flatirons Community Church
Campus Pastor (Denver Campus)
Why I Love This Opportunity
This is such an incredible opportunity for the right leader to be a part of a vibrant, fast-growing church. Flatirons is the largest church in Colorado and is continually looking for ways to reach more people in a lost and broken world. Their position will have the support of a large church while having the freedom to lead and be creative in a campus environment.
About This Organization
Flatirons Community Church began in 1983. After meeting in various locations for many years, they remodeled a huge retail space, transforming it into an amazing ministry facility. Since that time, Flatirons has launched four more campuses around the Denver metro area.
It is now one of the largest churches in America and the largest church in Colorado; however, they are not focused on growth to be on a list, but rather growth because it represents people being saved and being added to the Kingdom of God.
Flatirons is known for its creative, hold nothing back mentality as it relates to building community, impacting the community, and reaching the lost and broken. They have a unique platform and the ability to reach the top CEOs, the professional athlete, the single parent, and the prostitute. They don’t discriminate but rather see each person as a creation of God and a person in need of the saving grace of Jesus. They will do anything short of sin to reach the lost and make disciples.
The new Denver Campus Pastor will lead both relationally and strategically and provide an ideas-oriented team-based approach while effectively managing the output needed in this fast-paced, high-pressure ministry.
- Representing Lead Team at the campus level.
- Replicate Flatirons Church culture.
- Work closely with Support & Development leaders to ensure alignment in core areas of ministry: Weekend programming, Kids Ministry, Student Ministry, Groups, and Local Outreach.
- The face and voice of the local campus include being present and available in the lobbies during weekend services whenever possible and being a go-to resource for staff and campus attendees.
- Willing to connect one-on-one with the local campus community to pastor, advise, support, encourage and instruct.
- Collaboratively develop campus budget and monitor the financial state of the campus.
- Write and deliver messages on occasion, as requested.
- Work closely with Support & Development leaders to ensure alignment in core ministries with the mission and vision of the overall organization.
- Provide ongoing feedback to staff leaders, as well as perform formal evaluations of campus staff.
- Create and run staff meetings.
- Support, attend and work at a variety of campus events.
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- A strong candidate for this position would be someone who…
- Has experience leading at a high level in a large church.
- A leader who has a proven track record of resourcing, developing, and stretching a talented and growing team.
- Someone who can buy into the culture and vision of the church and have the ability to lead that vision and culture at a campus level.
- Someone who has a heart for people in a lost and broken world and is not afraid to be with people in various stages of life.
Share This resource