Connection Point Church
Why I Love This Opportunity
God is on the move in and through Connection Point Church. Like many churches, they’ve experienced significant peaks and endured painful valleys as a ministry. Today, the pastors, staff, and lay leadership are living out humility, unity, and courage as they head into the future together. They’re ready for a dynamic Kids Pastor/Director that can join the team and take children’s and family ministry to the next level!
About This Organization
Over the past 35 years, God has grown the ministry footprint of Connection Point Church in depth and breadth. Located just southwest of Kansas City, the church’s longstanding reputation draws people in from far and wide, across all ages, ethnicities, and socio-economic realities. The ministry offers exemplary worship music and creative productions, solid biblical teaching and study, a relational approach to discipleship, and compassionate care through local and global missions.
Connection Point Church has much to celebrate and is also in a season of revitalization. They navigated two difficult Senior Pastor transitions in 2012 and 2019, along with the challenges facing churches through the COVID-19 pandemic. In 2020, the church called Lead Pastor Brian Stone to realign the pastors, staff, lay leadership, and congregation so this distinct family of faith can lean into its future, not rely on its past.
Today, this 700-member congregation has a renewed sense of vision and purpose, a compelling mission and strategy, and a resolute spirit to be a church for every generation that connects people to Jesus and one another. Connection Point meets at 9:30 am for an intergenerational service marked by authentic worship and engaging Bible teaching. Their LifeGroup community hour starts at 11 am with specific classes for all ages. Connection Point is excited to welcome a new Kids Pastor/Director that will bring increased team leadership and consistency to reach, serve and make disciples of children and families.
This is a fantastic Kids Pastor/Director opportunity for a remarkable team builder with boots-on-the-ground experience steering a robust children’s ministry. Connection Point Church needs a leader of leaders that can catalyze Kid City (elementary) and Kid City Jr. (PreK) to the next level. Whoever steps in as Kids Pastor/Director will be responsible for expanding the existing volunteer team, building into new and current leaders, and empowering a lay leadership structure that maximizes effective children’s ministry. Building on Connection Point’s vision to be a church that every generation wants to attend, the Kids Pastor/Director will be called upon to create a dynamic ministry where every generation is welcome, celebrated, and involved.
- Have a heart for kids and a desire to help them take their next step toward a stronger relationship with Jesus.
- Serve the church by aligning Kids and Preschool Ministry across all current and future campuses with the mission and vision of Connection Point.
- Empower parents, staff, and volunteers to develop discipleship opportunities that connect kids and families to Jesus, each other, and the world.
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- Proven team builder in children’s and family ministries.
- Dynamic ability to develop strategic, sustainable, and scalable ministries for kids, families, and lay leaders.
- Experienced in managing a department, including associate staff members.
- Devoted to living out and multiplying long-term relational discipleship in a community, starting at home and church.
Share This resource