Student Ministry Director
St. Peters, Missouri
Why I Love This Opportunity
Calvary Church has a passion for students This is a brilliant opportunity for a student leader with the passion to build a ministry in a church with a God-sized focus on their future.
About This Organization
Calvary is a church with a bright future! The last few years have been challenging, and as they prepare for the next senior pastor, they are growing their staff with change agents and passionate world changers. This is a brilliant opportunity for a student leader with the passion to build a ministry in a church with a God-sized focus on their future. Calvary Church St. Peters has a non-denominational vibe with an EFCA core. Because every student needs a faith of their own, the Student Ministries of Calvary Church serves and connects middle school (grades 6-8) and high school (grades 9-12) students through worship, small groups, and service experiences. It’s our purpose to lead students into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and His Church, equipping them for life in His world. Our commitment is that students will be cared for, known, and find belonging.
The Student Ministry Director oversees all aspects of Student Ministry (Grades 6-12) in a way that is aligned with the Scriptures, statements of belief, and values of the church.
The Student Ministry Director will accomplish this purpose through six major responsibilities:
- Committing to prayer.
- Leading students to value Jesus most and to experience gospel-centered transformation.
- Recruiting, training, and encouraging Student Ministry volunteers.
- Leading a weekly Student Ministry program during the school year.
- Leading strategic Student Ministry holiday, summer, and special events.
- Some general shepherding duties, as assigned.
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- Five years experience in youth leadership engagement, with a portion post-pandemic
- Ability to work effectively with different teams within the church.
- A college degree in a related field, or equivalent ministry experience, is required. A theological degree from an accredited evangelical seminary is preferred.
- Acceptance of biblical theology as outlined by the EFCA.
- Serves as an example of a loyal friend and family member who can properly balance the obligations of professional and private life.
- Champions the transformation and discipleship of lay leaders, both women and men, to live out the vision of the church.
- Shepherds the mission, vision, strategy, and outreach of the church so that all generations and all people have opportunities to live out their faith in Christ and share it with others.
Share This resource