Director of Advancement
Why I Love This Opportunity
Heaven’s Family is entering a new season toward a God-sized vision. They have a great staff that is eager to follow Jesus wherever He takes them. They are financially healthy. And they are compelled to steward well and maximize resources toward a 10-year goal of mobilizing $10 million to multiply disciple-making movements around the world. They are poised to make significant strategic shifts to accomplish this goal, including the hiring of two new highly skilled and experienced Directors to help lead through the change.
About This Organization
Discipleship + Development
Heaven’s Family is a Christian nonprofit that desires to operate as a family of staff, donors, and beneficiaries around the world who believe and follow Jesus. They mobilize resources toward development and relief projects to build relationships that catalyze and support disciple-making movements with an emphasis on reaching the unreached.
From Farming God’s Way to Microloans to orphan and widow care, no matter what kind of services they provide, the goal is to cultivate relationships with Jesus and each other. Their most significant witness to the watching world is our love.
To expand Heaven’s Family’s global impact, they are adding two new full-time leadership roles to the team:
Director of International Development and Director of Advancement. They are seeking candidates who are absolutely sold out to the mission of Jesus Christ to make disciples by serving the “least of these.” Both Directors will be key voices in planning and implementing the strategic changes needed to maximize opportunities in this new season.
- The Director of Advancement specifically will:
- Learn, evaluate, and enhance Heaven’s Family’s fundraising strategy, programs, projects, and activities for current effectiveness and future potential.
- Lead all strategic and day-to-day fundraising tactics, including direct mail and email marketing, website, donor development, donor care, program packaging, major gifts, planned giving, etc.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual fundraising reports and analytics. Collaborate around findings and adaptation.
- Oversee and develop Heaven’s Family’s audience engagement through branding and messaging. This includes audience procurement and cultivation.
- Work closely with the International Development team to glean stories of impact to celebrate with current and new audiences.
- Lead and develop Advancement staff to meet goals.
- Manage relationships with printers, designers, and professional services.
- Collaborate with the Accounting Department to manage overall operational and financial responsibilities and activities.
- Contribute as a knowledgeable member of the management team.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned and needed.
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- The Director of Advancement will be an exceptionally talented and passionate leader with a calling to full-time ministry work and an evident commitment to personal godliness. They will be a fast learner and strategic thinker, entrepreneurial, yet detail-oriented, and excel in administration and operations.They should demonstrate:
- A relationship with Jesus lived out through personal discipleship practices and multiplication.They bring with them:
- A minimum of 5 years of nonprofit fundraising, donor development, and/or cause-related marketing.
- Experience in donor segmentation and cultivating an engaged audience through multiple donor strategies.
- Experience with donor management systems, ideally Salesforce.
- Previous paid or volunteer experience in missions or another type of ministry.They are skilled with:
- An ability to lead strategically and relationally.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially storytelling.
- A good instinct for quality written, verbal, and visual content that will connect with targeted audiences.
- Technologically competent.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong managerial and team-building skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- Able to work from home in the Punxsutawney area and regularly meet with other staff in various places until we eventually get office space.Their education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Ministry, Philanthropy, or related experience.
Share This resource