Gateway Church, North Austin Campus
|Church Description *|
|Gateway’s mission is to help unchurched people become a unified community of growing, multiplying Christ followers.
Gateway Church has three locations across beautiful Austin and one in Branson, MO. Gateway’s focus is highly missional in an unchurched setting. Austin is a post-modern, post-Christian, diverse culture and is on the front lines reaching people far from God. If you’re a fan of ACL, SXSW, year-round sunshine, great Tex-Mex and not ever wearing a tie again, then you’ll get Gateway. It’s a church where no perfect people are allowed, and Gateway works hard to create a non-threatening, culturally relevant, come-as-you-are culture that welcomes anyone and everyone to seek out the claims of Christ and of faith.
|Position Description *|
|The Lead Pastor at Gateway Church North Austin campus is responsible for leading and being a champion to Gateway’s mission to help unchurched people become a unified community of growing, multiplying Christ followers. The Lead Pastor will model the values of Gateway Church and will be an articulate advocate and communicator for the vision of Gateway Church, mobilizing the church to bring life and freedom of Christ to every people group in North Austin.
The Lead Pastor will oversee 30 staff members and be responsible for the spiritual development of staff, volunteer leaders and the church body at their location, under the direction of the Senior Pastor.
1. Lead annual Gateway North location strategic plan goals in alignment with Gateway’s overall strategic plan, in conjunction with Ministry Director, Gateway North
2. Lead Gateway North staff to implement Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) each month, i.e. Inspire attendance for adults and kids, Baptisms, Connection to Life Groups, Serving, Commissioned and Giving
3. Develop strategic opportunities to engage unchurched people within the community by mobilizing our church body through Networks to reach their neighbors and co-workers
4. Lead people through Gateway’s clear simple path from lost to leading
5. Develop the leadership community for Gateway North by consistently casting vision and equipping and training these individuals through various methods (i.e. facilitate monthly leadership community to connect leaders, provide coaching leadership and spiritual development)
6. Lead staff of approximately 30 people (directly and indirectly)
7. Recruit, hire and develop a highly qualified and spiritually developed staff team
8. Responsible for ensuring all Sunday service Programming experiences are executed with excellence and in line with Gateway’s mission and vision
9. On the teaching team rotation for Sunday Inspire services and 3rd Wednesday Worship services (amount of teaching varies depending upon teaching ability)
10. Participate on the Programming Team to develop engaging and spiritually significant services