North Christian Church
Youth and Worship Minister
Why We Love This Opportunity
North Christian Church has a great history of impacting the city of Cheyenne with its relational discipleship. After a few years of not having a specific ministry for youth, there is great excitement and anticipation for the relaunching of the student ministries at NCC. This new leader will have the opportunity of relaunching the student ministries while helping with the contemporary worship service. Pastor Matt is excited about welcoming this new leader to the team.
About This Organization
North Christian Church started just prior to 1960 with a few dedicated families. The church started as a Church of Christ, and later changed to Christian Church. The church has a history of longevity in the minister position, having only a relatively small number of ministers who stay for a longer number of years.
In 1997 the church moved to its current location, building a brand new building on a number of newly purchased acres on the north side of town. After continued growth, an additional addition/remodel was done in 2005. In its ‘prime’ NCC’s attendance was over 300, current attendance is around 125.
The Associate Minister of Youth and Worship will oversee, coordinate and cast vision for the Youth and Worship Ministry areas, and subsequent supporting ministry teams. This individual will work with existing teams to continue and improve the ministry environments by leading, supporting, resourcing and equipping existing and future volunteers. A detailed overview is provided below. This position is currently viewed as a ‘Dual Ministry Role’ position, dividing work time between Youth, Worship, and General Ministry areas.
Description of Duties / Students
Provide leadership for the Student Ministry including, but not limited to, the following:
- Oversee and implement strategic vision for the ministry to youth that encapsulates relational discipleship in all areas, utilizing the Orange Philosophy of family ministry.
- Develop and work directly with existing ministry leaders and volunteers in all areas, providing support, development and leadership as needed, ensuring student ministry areas are ministered to directly.
- Actively lead, recruit for and organize Student Ministry activities and programming.
- Assist in planning and executing existing special programmings and events such as Summer VBS, Winter Jingle Jam, summer conferences and occasional missions, etc.
- Develop appropriate discipleship relationships with students, and equip parents to develop the faith of their own children.
Share This resource