Raleigh, North Carolina
Why We Love This Opportunity
Providence Church is a vibrant, growing, and exciting place to do ministry. The new Worship Pastor at Providence has the opportunity to come alongside the existing team and lead them to the next level. The Worship Pastor and the Director of Creative Engagement will collaboratively work together to help the creative ministries of Providence work as a team to accomplish the mission, goals, and values of the church. Additionally, the Worship Pastor will work closely with the Lead Pastor in an effort to align the music, media, and message each week. For the right person, this opportunity is one of life-building collaboration that will lead to many new and exciting ministry opportunities.
With vast resources, a rich history, and unlimited potential, the best days are ahead for Providence Church!
About This Organization
Since 1978 Providence Church has been a force for the Gospel in greater Raleigh. From the beginning, Providence has focused on seeing lives changed through meaningful relationships, Biblical teaching, and inspirational worship. In 2015 Brian Frost became the Lead Pastor, and the church began to experience significant growth. A few years ago, they built a new worship center and are currently seeing an average of 1800 people attend each weekend post-covid. Providence is committed to discipleship through small groups and reaching the nations through local, national, and international missions.
Providence Church is a healthy and growing community of believers. With a clear focus on teaching the Bible and reaching all peoples for Christ, Providence Church is poised for significant growth in the days ahead.
Providence Church is seeking a highly creative, innovative, collaborative, and talented person to lead their growing worship ministries. With a strong focus on team and strategic planning, Providence is intentional in all it does to engage the congregation and community in corporate worship. The new Worship Pastor will have the privilege and opportunity to join this extremely talented team and lead the church into the future.
- Casts vision and directs the planning, coordination, operation, and evaluation of a comprehensive Worship Ministry
- Envisions develops and plans creative worship services (i.e. music, instrumentation, service order, and creative service elements)
- Meets weekly with the Director of Creative Engagement and Senior Pastor to evaluate past services and review upcoming worship plans
- Gives overall direction, care, and coordination to the worship ministry team and primary leadership to congregational singing
- Recruits, develops, equips, and disciples worship leaders, musicians, and vocalists
- Provides pastoral care to the Worship Ministry team and members of the congregation
- Stays abreast of current worship music, methods, and materials, utilizing them where appropriate to keep services fresh and creative
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- Loves Jesus and people more than music
- Understand and grasp the place of worship in the big picture of our God-given mission
- A Christ-follower whose worship is fueled by a strong biblical theology Theological training (seminary or Bible school preferred)
- Sincere practice of spiritual disciplines (prayer, Bible study, personal worship, etc.)
- Capable of planning worship that leads the congregation to think and sing the story of the gospel (God—Sin—Cross—Resurrection—Confession—Forgiveness—Mission)
- A pastor’s heart who disciples and nurtures the congregation and the worship team
- Skilled and experienced in building, recruiting, and equipping teams
- Servant-hearted and humble
- Maintains a healthy balance of family and ministry
- Values the place of expository preaching in worship
Share This resource