The Well Community Church
Why I Love This Opportunity
Located in one of the most excited and diverse cities in the nation, The Well is a vibrant, young, forward-thinking church seeking a passionate and talented Worship Pastor. For the right person, this role offers unlimited potential for growth and incredible ministry.
About This Organization
The mission of The Well is to make much of Jesus by reproducing disciples who impact the world for the glory of God with the vision to see 100 churches planted nationally, and 100 churches planted globally, within their first 50 years of their existence. Under the leadership of Pastor Tory Mayo, The Well is a place where team members work collaboratively to do ministry, work, and life.
The Worship Pastor/Director will primarily be responsible for Sunday gatherings, including liturgy and experience, particularly through the musical and production elements, by leading and equipping the congregation and volunteers to worship God with their lives. He or she will focus on raising up diverse volunteers with diverse sound/style, training and reproducing leaders for future multiplication, discipleship, and other “pastoral care” elements, as they help shepherd the church family into greater and greater Christlikeness – mainly through the means of worship.
- Primary director and overseer of the quality and direction of worship music at The Well.
- Primary leader of worship music for Sunday gatherings, worship and prayer nights, and other worship events pertaining to The Well.
- Shepherds worship team members to disciple and assist growth as musicians, singers, and leaders with the specific intent of reproducing worship leaders for various Well church plants.
- Oversee vetting, training, and development of new Worship and Production Teammates
- Provides weekly feedback (positive + critical) to effectively lead the worship team and create a culture of excellence and enjoyment.
- Oversee the Production Team and ensure effectiveness on a weekly basis.
- Participates in pastoral training, leadership development, and biblical exegesis as needed.
- Creates structures, systems, and processes for worship and production teams that are reproducible and lead to effective gatherings and events with superior quality.
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- Works well with a team and desires to be a family first, before an organization.
- Thinks creatively and artistically with a desire to not be complacent or settle for mediocrity. Aims for high excellence.
- Desires to not only play music but shepherd a developing and budding movement of worship from The Well.
- Sees and understands worship is not just Sunday music but is a way of living, honoring, and glorifying God.
- Lives above reproach biblically and is committed to keeping The Well’s Team Covenant.
- Has sufficient experience, skill, language, and knowledge to lead Worship and Production Teams to develop superior quality programming.
- A sincere love for ALL people far from God, and a deep desire/conviction to see them enter into the Family of God.
- A heart for the local church, & a conviction of the church’s importance in reaching the lost, equipping the saints, & glorifying God.
- Ability to disciple and develop leaders within The Well’s concept of spiritual formation.
- Maintains an astute critical eye in order to continue to improve the quality of sound and programming at The Well.
- A self-motivated person; who is proactive and anticipates problems, sees needs and opportunities to grow, and finds solutions.
- Proactive about and anticipating what is ahead & taking steps to solve potential problems before they arise.
- Actively looking for ways to help The Well grow holistically.
Share This resource