The Cross Church
Why We Love This Opportunity
The Kid’s Pastor will have the opportunity in this season to develop and implement a fresh vision and strategy for the Children’s Ministry at The Cross! The Cross has seen growth post covid and feels they are positioned for future results. The ministry is running over 400 kids on a Sunday morning. The team at The Cross knows there is an even more significant future of family ministry growth on the horizon.
About This Organization
As of April of 2022, FBC Wylie officially rebranded itself as The Cross Church! The heart of everything at The Cross is Spreading God’s Fame by Making Disciples of All People so that lives are changed. To accomplish that vision, they GATHER for worship, GROW in groups, GO on mission (here, there, and everywhere), and GIVE to what matters their time, talent & treasure. They are also about removing barriers to help people see Jesus more clearly. The Cross is located in one of the fastest-growing areas of Collin County, TX. Currently, 11 full-time pastors and ministers serve a weekly average of 1,100 in discipleship groups and over 1,900 in worship services. They are blessed to have recovered 94% of their pre-pandemic in-person worship attendance. Post-Covid, they have seen greater unity and passion for their vision and mission. They have a healthy staff culture and a congregation that continues to grow more diverse.
They are dreaming of becoming a multi-site church in the near future, and they have an exciting phased update of their main facilities in progress. It is an exciting time to join the team at The Cross!
Real Kids. Real Life. Real Faith.
The Cross Kid’s Ministry, partners with parents to raise up the next generation of God-fearing, Jesus-loving, disciple-makers. They teach children to learn how to study their Bible, help develop a foundation of solid Biblical learning, and actively live out their faith at school, on their teams, and at home.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of serving effectively in a leadership capacity in children’s ministry, committed to reaching the lost with a high degree of innovation and creativity, as well as a strong history of recruitment and retention of volunteers and new families. He or she should have a minimum of five years of relevant experience, preferably in a large church setting.
- Provide vision for a dynamic, Biblical, and Christ-centered educational ministry for children.
- Develop strategies, programming, and opportunities that will effectively facilitate spiritual growth and personal discipleship in children, from birth through 6th grade.
- Execute programming and curriculum for weekend and weekday ministries.
- Provide leadership and support for special events and activities such as Vacation Bible School, camps, age-appropriate missional opportunities, and field trips.
- Hire, supervise, develop, and evaluate children’s ministry staff.
- Give oversight and support to Parent’s Day Out and care staff.
- Recruit, train, equip, disciple, and show appreciation for children’s ministry volunteers.
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- Seasoned Leader -The Kid’s Pastor will be responsible for the leadership of all children’s ministries (Birth to 6th Grade) directly focused on helping kids grow in their faith. This includes both an elementary focus 1st through 4th grade and a pre-teen group 5th through 6th Grade that is designed to help the transition to middle school. The right leader for this role will have experience with and vision for how the environments and their associated content and values will achieve the greater mission of The Cross.
- Parent and Family Focus
The Kid’s ministry has been in need of a leader that can be minister to parents and families through the ministry’s vision. The desire for Cross church is to see parents be equipped and cared for and families are closer together through leadership and vision of the ministry and church as a whole. A Children’s pastor will be successful if they have a desire and passion to help and lead parents in this crazy time in our world and country.
- Relational Recruiter
The Cross church models leadership that is people-oriented first. The desire for the church and ministry is to see a leader that is a relationship first with the direction and vision for the future. Without having a leader in place for quite a few months, the volunteers and staff need a leader that can relate to and connect with each of them. The Pastor will be successful if they incorporate relational leadership and relational recruiting to fill the needs of the growing kid’s ministry.
Share This resource