Why We Love This Opportunity
Young Life is looking for a full-time staff associate who is excited about expanding outreach in Lafayette, CO (East Boulder County). These school communities have a more diverse population, with 42% and 47% minority race (primarily Latinx) students respectively. This is a unique opportunity, to create a wider culture of belonging as they seek to reach and include kids from all cultures in their community. This staff associate will have the opportunity to bring vision and desire to invest in the Latinx community and build bridges between cultures.
About This Organization
The Erie and Lafayette YL area (East Boulder County) is just five years old and focuses on ministering to middle and high school students in Lafayette and Erie, CO. They were born out of Boulder YL that has a long history of ministry in the Boulder Valley area. Our mission is to introduce adolescents to Jesus Christ and help them grow in their faith. They do this by going where kids are and building personal relationships with them, earning the right to share the Good News of Jesus Christ, providing fun, adventurous, life-changing and skill-building experiences, and inviting kids to personally respond to the Good News and walking in friendship with them regardless of their response.
They are known for going to where kids are, loving the lost, reaching disinterested kids, for fun, laughter, and adventure, for excellence in their programs and camping.
- Primary responsibility is direct ministry.
- Lead a team to plan and conduct a new or existing Young Life club and Campaigners/discipleship ministry with excellence.
- Learn to recruit and train new leaders to build a leadership team that reflects the community.
- Model excellence in contact work, club, Campaigners, and camping to other leaders.
- Develop a multiethnic vision and strategy for ministry in the Lafayette community.
- Cultivate a sense of belonging for all students through relationships rooted in sustained, consistent contact work.
- Increase student ownership through active discipleship — both informally and formally with Campaigners.
- Recruit and lead multiethnic volunteer leaders.
- Actively participate in fundraising for the area and raise personal support.
- A strong, growing spiritual life.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of direct ministry experience.
- Demonstrated success working with middle school and high school kids.
- Desire to cultivate a multiethnic community by building relationships with kids and adults from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to recruit, train and lead adults.
- Ability to lead through cultural intelligence frameworks with high emotional intelligence.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English speaking) preferred.
- Willingness to build and execute a fundraising strategy.
- Self-motivated and proactive with a willingness to be trained and led.
Share This resource