Spring Hills Church
High School/Young Adult Pastor
Santa Rosa, California
Why We Love This Opportunity
Spring Hills is poised for growth and they are beyond excited for a fun and highly relational High School & Young Adult Pastor to join their team. They’re looking for someone who is passionate about high school students and young adults. The high school & young adult pastor position is an exciting opportunity because momentum is growing and there is a solid foundation on which to build.
This is a unique role with a lot of influence so they are looking for a leader with a proven track record for building teams and reaching and discipling students and young adults. They need someone who will pour into their team of high school leaders, who are dedicated to investing in the lives of their students as well as someone who is passionate about reaching and discipling young adults in their community.
This position is a perfect fit for someone who values collaboration and wants to be a part of a fun team that feels like family and has an all-hands-on-deck approach to ministry. The team is healthy, highly relational, and on mission! They work hard and play even harder!
About This Organization
Spring Hills just celebrated its 30th Anniversary and the vision has never been stronger!
They are a thriving non-denominational church with Baptist roots located on a breathtaking 30-acre vineyard in Santa Rosa, California. Their passion for making a difference in their community is evident in their incredible community events and partnerships with local churches and para-church organizations. Prior to Covid, approximately 1500 people attended their weekend services and over 4,000 people attended Easter services this year!
Bret and Eve Avlakeotes started Spring Hills Community Church in a rented facility on Easter Sunday in 1992 and never looked back. For 30 years, the church has served as a beacon of hope for a population that is largely post-Christian. They are a bedrock in the community of Santa Rosa. With a rich history and firm foundation, Spring Hills continued to grow in the rented facility but in 2000, they began looking for a permanent home.
And in 2005, the leaders at Spring Hills took a leap of tremendous faith by purchasing their current property, and planning and construction began. Their first service was on Easter Sunday in 2010. In the preceding years, they experienced tremendous growth, both numerically and spiritually.
Spring Hills is somewhat unique in its community as it leans conservative both theologically and politically in a more liberal, post-Christian culture. They offer a contemporary expression of church, with a modern worship approach and a high level of reverence and love for the word of God and strong biblical teaching.
Spring Hills experienced many changes during the pandemic and while it was not ideal for a weekend attendance, they did see incredible spiritual growth in the lives of their people. The church family has a renewed passion to share the Gospel and disciple new believers more than ever before! Discipleship through small groups from children to adults is at the core of their DNA. Plans to expand and utilize their breathtaking outdoor spaces as well as retrofitting their cold storage building for their future 1,500-seat auditorium are underway and they are excited to see what God will do in this next chapter of ministry!
SHCC is poised to make a dramatic impact for the Kingdom in the years to come. Currently, on average, 850 people gather each week to worship together and experience God in a deeper way. There is a strong sense of hope for the future and where God is leading and taking this core group of believers in their desire to reach and serve the Santa Rosa Area.
The High School / Young Adult Pastor will oversee the vision, health, and growth of Spring Hills Youth (9th-12th grade) and Young Adults.
The primary focus of this role will be to continually create a vision and provide leadership for the ministry to high school students and young adults so that unbelievers come to Christ and Christians are built up in their faith.
• Teach and apply God’s word to Youth and Young Adults at weekly gatherings.
• Recruit, Interview, Train and Encourage the Volunteers for both ministries.
• Oversee all Small Groups related to High School and Young Adults- including tracking numerical and spiritual growth.
• Responsible for planning fun, community-building events regularly.
• Develop initiatives to reach and disciple young adults in the surrounding community
• Lead and plan winter and summer camp opportunities for High School and Young Adults.
• Plan and execute, with Associate Pastor and student team, the annual YTHX Conference
• Responsible to resource parents with biblical content in the face of current culture.
• Responsible to formulate the annual ministry budgets and spend appropriately.
• Plan alongside Missions team- mission opportunities and trips for Spring Hills Youth & Young Adults.
• Share general pastoral duties at the church and any other task assigned.
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- Fun, highly relational, collaborative team player and team builder
- Innovative and organized self starter
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ is evidenced by daily spiritual disciplines
- Relevant and engaging communicator with a deep and personal understanding of scripture
- Committed to being a resource and champion for parents
Share This resource