Bay Hills Church
Why We Love This Opportunity
Bay Hills is a church doing life and ministry in one of the most unreached communities and metro areas of the entire United States! This staff and congregation are passionate about one another and about seeing people fall in love with Jesus. They have the vision to grow and multiply into the surrounding neighborhoods and cities to hear the Great News that God has for them as many as possible. The next Senior Pastor will join a team already doing great things. New people are coming through the doors of their ministry every week, and the future is bright for this church and their future leader.
About This Organization
Bay Hills Community Church began life as the Evangelical Free Church of El Sobrante on the eve of the Second World War. The following 30 years saw a roller coaster of growth, with membership ranging from 30 to 200.
In 1999, the congregation changed its name to Bay Hills Community Church to better identify with the El Sobrante, San Pablo, Pinole, and Hercules communities that it served. By 2006, with the sanctuary at capacity for each of three services, Bay Hills agreed with El Sobrante Christian High School, just one block away, and a 2nd campus was created. Soon after, Bay Hills moved again to a converted retail building site.
Currently, Bay Hills Church is pursuing the vision of reaching as many people as possible and helping everyone take their next step closer to Jesus..
It is definitely a very exciting time at Bay Hills!
The objective for the Senior Pastor is to assist the Elders in overseeing the life and direction of the church. The Pastor will have a firm grasp on the purpose, vision, mission, values, and philosophy of ministry of the church and the ability to align ordained and lay staff and key leadership teams for effective ministry. The Senior Pastor will offer pastoral leadership to the congregation alongside staff and lay leaders.
- Preaching and teaching: The Pastor will be responsible to:
- Develop an annual preaching calendar.
- Serve as the primary teacher for worship services, and, should we move to a multiple campus model, develop a teaching team.
- Lead staff in planning and executing of worship services.
- Strategic leadership and planning: The Senior Pastor is responsible for strategic planning and staff coordination in the execution of the church’s objectives.
- Staff supervision and development: The Pastor serves as a director to staff, leading, evaluating, and mentoring them in their ministry.
- Administration: The Pastor oversees and executes the administration of the church through appropriate staff and volunteer leadership teams and ensures the completion of ministry functions through staff and volunteers.
Share This resource