Park Community Church
Worship Pastor / Director
Why We Love This Opportunity
If you are a skilled worship leader and creative with a pastor’s heart and love the idea of impacting and being a disciple-maker in the urban center of Chicago than this amazing opportunity at Park Community Church in Lincoln Park (Park LP) could be the perfect place for you! Park LP is located in a thriving community full of college students, young adults, families, creatives, and professionals. This church is seeking a vibrant and relational leader with a shepherd’s heart to engage life with those in the community. While this role specifically leads the worship and creative team of Park LP their influence and voice will extend far beyond those borders into the greater ethos of who Park is and why they exist. This person will be a key leader within the staff and help champion a missional culture of discipleship, relationship, generosity, creativity, and community!
About This Organization
Park Community Church began over 32 years ago in the community of Lincoln Park with a mission to engage people in the city of Chicago with the life-changing truth of Jesus Christ. The first 20 years of Park’s existence were incredibly formative as this church began to sink its roots deep into the heart of the city. As the Lord continued to bless, Park continued to expand their reach. In 2007 Park opened their second location, thus beginning a movement of people in the city of Chicago which has now grown to 8 locations reaching over 3500 in the urban and thriving communities of this influential city.
One of the most significant distinctives of Park is their mission to know God and to make Him known IN THE CITY. While many individuals and families throughout Chicago eventually make a home in the suburbs of Chicagoland and beyond, the people of Park believe God has specifically called them to the urban centers of Chicago proper. It is their desire to see the city renewed as people who call Park home live life on mission. They believe community transformation and renewal begin on a single street in a single neighborhood and ripples out from there until the city is transformed.
This Gospel-centered church is committed to leading people towards a life focused on the finished work of Jesus, the hope of the Gospel as declared in God’s Word, and the way this truth transforms us into becoming fully devoted disciples of Jesus. From their robust ministry to moms in the community to their global impact around the world, Park is riding the wave of momentum as they continue to expand their reach and plant new locations as God opens the doors.
This story has much more to be written! What a tremendous time for the right leader to put their “yes” on the table and trust God for incredible Kingdom impact not only for Chicago but the global community as well.
The Worship Pastor/Director is an influential part of the Park LP Staff and Creative Ministry. Their primary focus is to help the congregation of Park LP worship God with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength. This person is expected to work alongside the Park LP Pastor and Staff to facilitate a consistent worship experience week to week. The Worship Pastor will be expected to play a role in general functions and events on campus and align with ministry philosophy of Park Community Church to create an environment where Park LP’s mission and vision is effectively carried out.
• Provide primary worship programming and leadership for weekend worship gatherings
• Assemble multiple worship teams (band, vocalists, etc.) by recruiting, auditioning, developing and placing into areas of service
• Provide oversight of technical systems and the staff and volunteers who serve this ministry area
•Administrative duties related to leading worship (upload charts, print worship orders/charts, build Ableton sessions, schedule volunteers, etc.)
• As a member of Park LP’s broader Pastoral Team, assist with the development of church-wide ministry goals and work with the leadership team to ensure that Park LP’s vision is being carried out
• Serve as a part of the greater Park LP pastoral staff carrying out the duties of a pastor/shepherd in regards to the care of the Park LP family
• Be a disciple-maker
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
Has an active walk with Jesus, the heart of a pastor/shepherd, and is a disciple-maker
• Previous full-time experience on a church staff in a worship leading/creative role
• Skilled vocalist and instrumentalist who is able to proficiently lead from an instrument (preferably guitar or keys)
• Thrives in collaborative and creative environments where they can develop a team around them to advance the Gospel through worship and creative expressions.
• Proficient administrative skills in the areas necessary to lead and grow a worship/creative ministry
• Experience in building teams and people to do the work of the ministry (Ephesians 4)
• Has completed a 4-year college degree program
Share This resource