North Coast church
Jr. High Pastor
Why We Love This Opportunity
Slingshot loves partnering with North Coast Church, this time we endeavor to find a Junior High Pastor who is passionate about students but also excited about building into leaders who love the students.
About This Organization
North Coast Church started as a home Bible study in 1977. Larry Osborne took the lead pastor role in 1980 when he was 28 and the church was 70 members strong.
The church grew rapidly in the 1990s and the first decade of the 2000s. After running out of space and workable time slots for additional worship services the leadership team came up with the idea of “video venues.” This led to explosive growth as the church grew from a little over 3,000 to over 6,000 before moving in 2010 to a 40-acre campus in Vista and adding two other campuses, including the San Marcos/Escondido campus, where this current search is taking place.
In 2004 another gifted teaching pastor, Chris Brown, joined the team. Since his arrival, the church has more than doubled to over 13,000 in weekend attendance.
The San Marcos/Escondido campus is currently searching for its next junior high pastor. While North Coast staff culture (across all campuses) can be described as highly relational, fast-paced, and not overly serious; the staff at San Marcos/Escondido seem to take the relational edge to the highest level.
The Junior High Pastor oversees the “Elevate” ministry to those in grades 6-8 at the San Marcos/Escondido campus. This pastor oversees three staff members and the volunteers pouring into the jr. high students and their families. This person will likely do the majority of the teaching but will equip and empower others as well.
- Organize and lead the weekly Elevate gatherings
- Recruit, train and sustain leadership core
- Oversee other staff
- Create, monitor, and manage budgets for the Jr. High Ministry
- Work in partnership with the High School Ministry
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- 2-3 years of Student Ministry leadership experience
- Passion to teach, lead and develop others for ministry
- Love for fun, especially for relational ministry to preteens and teens
- Team player who wants to invest in relationships on staff (strong staff connections)
Share This resource