Why We Love This Opportunity
New Song Community Church is a diverse, multi-generational church and ethnic church. New Song is made up of people from all walks of life and backgrounds.
The youth and young adults ministry here have always been a priority! Today, there is a great opportunity for the new youth and young adults pastor to build on this strong foundation, leveraging the momentum from an investment made by so many over the past few years. New Song’s facilities offer great venues for junior high and high school students and young adults, with several dedicated spaces for activities, programs, events, and services.
The youth and young adults pastor will join the “central” team at Oceanside and will oversee youth ministry at both campuses. The ideal candidate will be approachable and desires to develop people—helping them discern and cultivate the gifts God has given them to serve others.
About This Organization
New Song Community Church Oceanside was founded and began worshipping in January 1992. Following God’s call, Dr. Hal Seed planted New Song, and for the past 28+ years, he’s served as the Lead Pastor, teaching, shepherding, and leading the staff and congregation.
In January 2015, the Congregation of Pacific Breeze Church voted to join New Song Community Church. New Song sent a cadre of members to this new Carlsbad location to restart it as the church’s southern location, so that today, New Song is one church meeting in two locations.
Today: New Song continues to grow, serving locally and internationally while seeing people give their lives to Jesus almost daily. Currently, 66% of New Song’s attendees are actively engaged in a small group. The location in Oceanside serves as “central” support for their other campus in Carlsbad. With plenty of space to grow and expand their ministry offerings, New Song is well-positioned for a significant and lasting impact for generations to come!
We like to say around here, “if our doors close tomorrow, our community would weep.”
To facilitate expanding New Song’s mission of reaching unchurched people for Christ and helping youth and young adults become fully devoted followers of Christ.
- Character above reproach.
- Bachelor’s degree in Youth Ministry or equivalent experience.
- At least three years of leadership experience and equivalent ministry experience at an executive level.
- High energy and self-motivated.
- Proven ability to develop and lead groups and teams.
- Passionate about connecting youth and parents to the church.
- Hire, manage, equip and encourage teams of staff and volunteers.
- Develop and implement creative and exciting youth ministry programs and environments.
- Provide a safe and secure environment for students
- Plan and conduct weekly services and groups.
- Develop student leaders
- Oversee the budget and monitor spending and capital improvements for the Youth ministry.
- Partner with an on-campus activity or club to build relationships with non-churched youth.
- Develop and implement creative and effective young adult ministry programs and environments.
- Plan and conduct gatherings services or groups for young adults.
- Provide care, growth, and leadership for young adults.
- Create pathways for young adults to reach their peers for Christ.
Share This resource