New Song Community Church
Why We Love This Opportunity
New Song Community Church is a very diverse, multi-generational church and ethnic church. New Song is made up of people from all walks of life and backgrounds.
Historically, the worship arts ministry at New Song has been a priority! This department encompasses tech, video, sound, musicians, vocalists, and the drama team. Currently, the worship ministry is in a season transition and New Song is looking for a relational leader who can fuel creativity and provide direction to a dedicated team of staff and volunteers.
New Song has two campuses—Oceanside and Carlsbad. The worship pastor will join the “central” team at Oceanside and will have responsibility for overseeing worship ministry at both campuses. The key to the new worship pastor’s success will be the unification of the worship team. The ideal candidate will be approachable with a desire to develop people—helping them discern and cultivate the gifts God has given them to serve others.
About This Organization
Today: New Song continues to grow, serving both locally and internationally while seeing people give their lives to Jesus almost daily. Currently, 66% of New Song’s attendees are actively engaged in a small group. The location in Oceanside serves as “central” support for their other campus in Carlsbad. With plenty of space to grow and expand its ministry offerings, New Song is well-positioned for a significant and lasting impact for generations to come!
We like to say around here, “if our doors close tomorrow, our community would weep.”
The Worship Pastor directs and coordinates all aspects of the worship program, overseeing our worship services and special events by helping people connect and grow with God.
- Create, lead, manage, and direct creative arts teams. (worship, tech, and drama) that will lead the congregation in weekly weekend worship services and special events.
- Brainstorm, plan and execute worship services in coordination with the Lead Pastor to meet established objectives.
- Oversee production, sound, video, light, and other worship-related technologies.
- Oversee and manage the annual worship ministry budget.
- Lead weekly rehearsal.
- Develop and care for Worship Planning, Production, and Programming teams
What a Quality Candidate Would Look Like:
- College Degree is required
- Strong leadership and people skills
- Experienced in a variety of musical styles and genres
- Ability to lead a team of musicians and singers with varying skill levels and coach them to greater effectiveness
- Highly proficient in a musical instrument as a lead vocalist.
- Passion for experiencing, expressing, and drawing others into worship within the church over 1000.
- Can develop and communicate a Biblical understanding of worship.
- Understands the technologies of modern worship and is an adaptive learner.
Share This resource