Mount Hope Church
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Why We Love This Opportunity
Located just a few miles from the 3rd largest High School in Michigan, the next Student Pastor of Mount Hope Church has a tremendous opportunity to reach students and build a community-impacting ministry!
About This Organization
Mount Hope Church is a 34-year-old Assembly of God congregation located in Grand Blanc, MI, a neighboring community of Flint. Led by its founding senior pastor, John Galinetti, Mount Hope has a strong sense of team-based ministry with an intentional focus on leadership development.
There is a true sense of excitement about the future of the church overall and the student ministry. The people of Mount Hope and the student ministry are relational and welcoming, creating a feeling of warmth and belonging for the kids.
The Student Pastor leads the Middle and High School ministries of Mount Hope Church. Some of this role’s key leadership and pastoral functions are preaching Biblical truth in student environments and the congregation worship services, implementing a ministry plan that reaches students in the community, and building a volunteer team to mentor and disciple students in relational small groups.
• To develop a youth group in which there is spontaneous, creative, deliberate, and sincere worship of God.
• To create a celebratory atmosphere motivated by a loving commitment to Jesus Christ and a loving commitment to the youth.
• To bring the youth together into a loving, caring, accepting, and trusting community by the power of the Holy Spirit.
• To make this a fellowship in which both social and spiritual needs can be met as young people commit themselves, not only to God but also to one another.
• The teaching of God’s Word is to produce life changes in such a way that young believers grow in Christ.
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
• Relate well to youth and their parents
• Have an interest in young people’s spiritual growth and well being
• Have organizational and administrative experience
• Skilled in public speaking
• Be scripturally and theologically literate
• Be a motivator
Share This resource