Madison Park Church of God
Why I Love This Opportunity
I LOVE THIS CHURCH! Madison Park is passionate about impacting the next generation and not just in word but in deed! They are a growing, regional church of 600-900 that has a long history of serving the Central Indiana region. The new Lead Pastor has cast a clear and compelling vision for the next generation and there is a fresh wind of faith and fire for the future of Madison Park. Young families are moving into the area in droves as it was recently voted the #1 place to live in America. People are beginning relationships with Jesus for the first time, being baptized in record numbers, while addictions are being broken, and relationships restored.
God is clearly moving in this church and as it expands, the team is also expanding. There are no sacred cows at Madison Park! Any new staff member will need to be comfortable with change, be flexible, willing to think outside the box, and operate as a strong team player. God’s hand is on Madison Park and its best days are ahead!
About This Organization
The Mission of Madison Park Church is to SHOW PEOPLE WHO JESUS IS! They believe that Jesus is the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE and until His return someday, they will live and lead people to Jesus, embodying the way Jesus lived.
MP filters everything through five values:
Located just outside of the Indianapolis metro area, MP is strategically located on 200 acres along a primary stretch of interstate. There is an endless possibility as the Indianapolis metro area continues to develop toward the church.
Strong, strategic, passionate, and focused leadership defines this church. They are about Kingdom impact. every person they hire must have the heart to reach lost people and a love for the Church. God is writing an unlikely story there in the Midwest and they deeply believe that God is readying His Church for a historic movement that brings glory to HIS name alone.
MP is led by Heather Semple, supported by the Elder Board, and the staff is directed and developed by the Executive Pastor. Heather is a sought-after leader, communicator, and pastor. She is a visionary and strategic leader/thinker with a balanced leadership style of grace AND truth.
Madison Park is looking for a Children’s Pastor who is a highly relational, proven team builder and thrives in an environment where thinking outside of the box is not only encouraged, but expected. A strategic and visionary, big picture thinker is necessary to build a thriving kids ministry that keeps moving forward instead of maintaining the “church as usual”, status quo. If you’re a dreamer and builder, keep reading!
The MP Kids Pastor will help fulfill MP’s vision by leading the MP Kids team’s processes and projects. This includes developing and leading the staff and volunteer teams responsible for developing the strategy to help people to grow in their faith and to experience Jesus through the community. He/she is also responsible for continually improving our process to keep it innovative, intentional, engaging, and transformational.
- Design and implement a strategy to ensure that children can grow in an environment that is right for them
- Oversee spiritual milestones such as baptism and child dedications
- Set ministry goals and objectives with clear measures of success
- Plan, staff and oversee Sunday morning services so that they are engaging, spiritually enriching, and well-organized
- Ensure that proper safety protocols are being followed
- Develop “on-ramp” events to make it easy on roads for people to get connected to the church throughout the year
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- A fun, highly relational, collaborative team player and team builder
- A mature relationship with Jesus Christ that is clear and evident.
- A person who is dedicated to lifelong learning
- A heart and love for people and the local church.
- Ability to provide leadership, vision, and passion for MP Kids ministries that are in alignment with the overall vision, values, and mission of the church.
- Ability to lead through change during a rebuilding season in the life of MP.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
Share This resource