Leap of Faith
Why We Love This Opportunity
Leap of Faith Church is a unique church positioned to grow as the rapid growth of the suburbs of Dallas is creating explosive growth in the community. They’re also positioned to grow as a church that’s a safe haven for those who feel like they don’t fit in more traditional churches.
It is also a place for those who want to be challenged to grow as part of a church that embraces the tension of affirming multiple points of view while living in community together. The Associate Pastor will have the opportunity to create, develop and lead the programming and structures that help to support and build the church.
About This Organization
Leap of Faith is providing a church alternative in our community that’s “inclusive, diverse, and glad to be in ministry to and with all people, working with our neighbors to make life better for all.”
The Associate Pastor will support the work of the church as the only full-time staff member, helping to build on the existing foundation to continue to build a radically open and inclusive community. They will imagine, develop, implement and lead the program ministries of the church.
- Develop, implement and lead programming, including children and students
- Helping to develop and implement needed models of volunteer and leadership development in order to do effective ministry both in empowering the people of the church and in recognizing the reality of working with a small staff
- Stewardship development in order to generate resources for the church to be able to take the next steps
- Organize and oversee the adult Sunday School program, recruiting and training teachers, helping provide content, and starting new classes, particularly for new members and attendees on a regular basis (every six months and as needed)
- Engage with the local community, local organizations, and mission ministries
- Caring for the people of the church, including pastoral visitations, weddings, and funerals, and following up with new members and visitors
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- Being highly organized and systems-oriented
- Someone who is authentic and transparent and is able to show up as their full-self
- Because of the small staff team and dispersed working environment, self-motivation will be an essential characteristic in order to be effective
- Holding an inclusive theology and posture, while also being able to work in and be a part of a conservative community
- Familiarity and appreciation of liturgy, while also creating space for fun, light-heartedness, and creativity
- A high EQ, in being able to relate to and engage with a lot of different kinds of people who are a part of the church and community
Share This resource