Kenwood Baptist Church
Children & Family Pastor
Cincinnati , Ohio
Why I Love This Opportunity
I love the people at Kenwood Baptist! They are a loving, welcoming, diverse, and unified community that is passionate about reaching people with the Gospel and discipling people of all ages. They have a strong commitment to reaching the next generation, and this new leader will have an incredible opportunity to make a huge impact on the lives of kids and parents.
About This Organization
Kenwood Baptist is a local gathering of the global body of the Lord Jesus Christ. Kenwood includes twenty native languages, four generations of people, and dozens of neighborhoods around the city. The unity of the church is found in the shared confession that Jesus Christ is Lord.
Kenwood is a multi-generational and multi-cultural church that just completed a multi-million dollar update to its campus to represent a beacon of hope to the surrounding communities. They are intentional about outreach and teaching God’s Word through a variety of ministries. The stylistic focus is contemporary and modern but not flashy, with a broad connection to multiple generations.
The Children & Family Pastor will guide ministry to children, birth-6th grade, and also seek to minister to and partner with parents. This pastor will work collaboratively with both a volunteer and staff team under elder leadership and with a view toward reaching a lost community with the hope of the gospel.
- Maintain a deep devotional life with Christ through prayer, reading and study of scripture, and engagement with the Kenwood community.
- Know the congregation’s children and families as a shepherd and attend to their spiritual development through consistent and intentional discipleship
- Cast vision to lead, develop, and expand the Children and Family Ministry
- Provide biblical teaching to children and parents
- Lead in the outreach, evangelism, and assimilation of new children and families into the church body
- Recruit, equip, and shepherd a dedicated base of volunteers to support the Children and Family Ministry
- Sundays: Responsible & Accountable for a holistic children’s ministry (birth-6th grade) that covers two distinct gathering hours (Check-in, Curriculum, Volunteers, etc.)
- Wednesdays: Responsible & Accountable for midweek ministry to children and families (currently various options such as children’s choir, kids carpentry, etc.)
- Midweek: Mentoring and Assistance for RISE mom groups along with other various pastoral interactions & engagements
- Oversee the Children’s Ministry Assistant and the Childcare Coordinator in their ministry roles
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- Demonstrated spiritual maturity and vibrant faith in Jesus Christ that invites accountability for their walk with Christ
- Embraces Kenwood Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith and governing documents
- Demonstrated servant-leader mentality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in working with and coaching a diverse group of people of all ages
- Possesses a contagious love for the Word of God
- Knowledge and understanding of child development
- Discerning spirit with both curriculum choices and societal trends
- Prefer at least 5+ years of experience in church ministry
- At least a bachelor’s degree in biblical studies (or equivalent) is preferred
- Strong relational skills with a wide variety of people
Share This resource