Joni and Friends
Regional Director - US West
Why We Love This Opportunity
The Regional Director – US West at Joni and Friends will contribute to the greater vision of a world where every person with a disability finds hope, dignity, and their place in the body of Christ.
About This Organization
Joni and Friends exist to glorify God as they communicate the Gospel and mobilize the global church to evangelize, disciple, and serve people living with a disability. Joni and Friends have a vision for a world where every person with a disability finds hope, dignity, and their place in the body of Christ. And they live out their vision and mission as they reach, care for, and connect with families living with a disability.
The Regional Director – US West will lead, develop, and support designated US ministry offices as they contribute to the greater vision of Joni and Friends: a world where every person with a disability finds hope, dignity, and their place in the body of Christ.
- The Regional Director – US West will lead and develop 6 current regional Area Ministry offices that serve as the “hands and feet” of the organization in CA, AZ, NM, OR, and WA. This position will play a critical role in meeting Joni and Friends’ two-year strategic initiatives and ten-year vision goals.
- The Regional Director – US West will work collaboratively with two additional RD peers to support the Executive Leadership Team and their focus on expanding the ministry in the US and around the globe. The Regional Director – US West will play a critical role in reaching those goals.
- The Regional Director – US West will spend most of their time doing three things: 1) building intentional relationships with Area Ministry Directors, 2) caring for and connecting these area ministry teams to the organization’s mission and vision, and 3) assisting advancement efforts with current and potential donors to help Joni and Friends transform disability ministries around the US and the globe.
- The Regional Director – US West must have a consistent belief in the Lord to do great things in the lives of nearly 1 billion individuals and families affected by disability worldwide.
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
The next Regional Director – US West requires the following at their core:
- RELATIONSHIP-CULTIVATOR: Someone who values people over projects. They are willing to do what it takes to build trusted relationships with Area Ministry Directors.
- BRIDGE-BUILDER: Someone who has the courage and confidence to build and connect using change management and a growth mindset. They see the 30,000-foot view and know what it takes to connect and empower the team who will put “feet” on that vision.
- SELF-STARTER: Someone who is self-motivated and pursues their goals as well as the overarching goals of the organization with determination and responsibility.
- PROBLEM-SOLVER: Someone who brings an innovative, solutions-oriented approach to discovering and addressing problems.
- COACH: Someone who inspires effective action and accountability with their questions, their encouraging words, and their kind challenges.
Share This resource