Canyon Ridge Christian Church
Human Resources Director
Las Vegas, Nevada
Why We Love This Opportunity
Canyon Ridge Christian Church is pioneering a new movement in Las Vegas. With a clear calling to love their city, the team is united in their determination to be disciple-makers and life-bringers. They are living on mission to “Join Jesus and bring life to everyone, everywhere, every day.” On the other side of major challenges in the pandemic, instead of striving to regain what existed before, they leaned in and asked God to do a new thing. He truly is. The staff culture is fresh and healthy and open and supportive. It’s such a cool time to join these amazing people and serve them as the Human Resources Director.
About This Organization
Canyon Ridge Christian Church began in 1993 as a church plant from Central Christian Church in Las Vegas. Through the years, God has brought growth, expansion, and favor as they built the ministry. Today, Drew Moore, the Lead Pastor, is leading his team into uncharted territory, sensing that God is shifting them from an attractional mega-church to a body of believers that is multiplying leaders beyond the walls of the building.
At Canyon Ridge Christian Church, the shift has been as much internal and team-driven as it has been externally focused. When each team member is living the life of a disciple-maker, their effectiveness and contribution are limitless. The leadership is developing a nimble and responsive leadership culture that will prepare them to move into the future beyond COVID-19. They are learning together, and the staff of over 65 people is unified around the new DNA, and they love working and playing together.
The Human Resources Director will direct and manage all human resource functions of Canyon Ridge while also caring for the people employed there.
The Human Resources Director serves the Canyon Ridge Christian Church staff by administering HR processes that recruit, onboard, resource, care for, and develop employees. They will provide administration of staff compensation, benefits, and legal requirements with moral and ethical integrity. Most importantly, they will love Jesus and this team!
- Have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, or Human Resources is preferred
- Must have at least five years professional experience in the Human Resources field, HR policy, salary, and benefit regulations and processes
- Knowledgeable of federal and state employment practices and laws
- Excellent and efficient in their work, holding a high level of integrity and confidentiality with the sensitive information related to the role
- Proactive. Sees what needs to be done and takes initiative
- Collaborative leadership
- Agree with and contribute to the ministry philosophy and visual direction of Canyon Ridge Christian Church
- Coachable and approachable. Welcoming feedback from other leaders. Can bring calm and perspective
- Listens and communicates well
Share This resource