HoneyRock - Center for Leadership and Development
Food Service Supervisor
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
Why We Love This Opportunity
This is a great opportunity to combine the love of cooking with discipleship. While HoneyRock is called a camp, it is essentially an educational project designed to be a leadership laboratory providing an internship experience where the student undertakes total leadership responsibility of the cabin group in a camp-living situation.
About This Organization
HoneyRock exists to build Christ’s church and benefit society worldwide by fostering the development of whole and effective people through transformational outdoor experiences. Located in the Northwoods of Wisconsin, the HoneyRock Center for Leadership Development is an explicitly Christian leadership development center that creates space for youth and emerging adults to encounter God’s creation, lives in a Christ-centered community, and discover their unique callings, and finds their place in God’s Kingdom.
Here, people are equipped, empowered, and commissioned to live their callings for Christ and His kingdom. HoneyRock’s leadership style is one of developing others through progression. It recognizes everyone has unique gifts and experiences. Individuals are coming to HoneyRock at different places in life. They seek to help people grow in the community, using experiences for transformation coupled with truth and reflection.
The Food Service Supervisor will report directly to, assist, and support the Food Service Manager/Head Chef to fulfill the mission, vision, and commitments of HoneyRock’s food service. The Food Service Supervisor assists the Food Service Manager/Head Chef in all kitchen operations including food preparation, menu planning, and sanitation procedures. This is a professional, full-time position located in the Northwoods of Wisconsin.
- Assist the Food Service Manager/Head Chef with kitchen operations including the use of sustainable, cost-effective practices in accordance with HoneyRock policies including coordinating food and beverage production, and ensuring standards on a daily basis.
- Assists with menu planning to guarantee variety and quality of cuisine.
- Supports budget management and tracking.
- Certifies cleanliness, ware washing, and kitchen sanitation on a regular basis, management of shifts, and engagement in daily decision making, seasonal staff, student, volunteer recruitment, screening, and selection, seasonal staff-student, volunteer onboarding, supervision and coaching, customer service and quality control assurance: ensuring that customer hospitality and the dining experience outperforms expectations.
- Provides healthy, nutritious meal options and appropriate portions in a timely, pleasing manner.
- Foster a culture of developmental coaching and vocational discipleship across the Food Service department through growth-producing experiences and training as appropriate.
- Developmentally coaches and disciples students,
seasonal staff, and campers who serve in the kitchen. Fulfill the mission of HoneyRock through the leadership progression, internships, and various programs
as participants serve in food service as part of their experience at HoneyRock.
- Assume command of the foodservice operation in the absence of the Food Service Manager/Head Chef while fostering a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers.
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- BA or AS Culinary degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years in a high volume, high-quality kitchen/restaurant/foodservice operation.
- ServSafe Manager Certification preferred, required within 90 days of hire (company-sponsored).
- Demonstrated management and organizational skills, minimum 1-year supervisor experience.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office and especially Excel to produce relevant reports.
- Ability to work independently and accept supervision.
- Skills in organization/administration and customer relations.
- Ability to read technical manuals and apply the information relating to food service.
Share This resource