High School Ministry Director
Why We Love This Opportunity
Slingshot Group is thrilled to partner with Bethel Church to help them find an energetic and relational leader to partner with and grow the existing leadership team pouring into the high school students in the Tri-Cities area of southeast Washington.
About This Organization
Bethel Church is a large, modern church known for their solid bible teaching and engaging worship services. They aren’t just about the gathering as they seek to have ministry opportunities for all types of people and personalities so that ministry multiplies and lives are transformed.
The church seeks to help people know and grow in their relationship with Jesus; small groups have always played an integral part of their strategy. In addition, the church has always prioritized missions – both local and global.
The church, which experienced rapid growth in the 1990’s and early 2000’s launched campuses in Kennewick and Prosser. The Richland campus (where this hire is being made) has experienced the most turmoil during the Pandemic and looks forward to bringing on a new High School Director and help bring about some leadership stability as they come out of the Covid-restrictions.
The High School Ministry Director is responsible to oversee all aspects of High School Ministry at Bethel’s Richland Campus. This person will be a contributing member to Bethel’s Next Gen Team (5th grade through young adults) with the aim of winning and discipling high school students to Christ through the creation of discipleship pathways for both students and volunteers.
- Maintains a personal and mature relationship with Jesus Christ
- Humble, teachable, collaborative and flexible
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated history of creativity and innovation
- A strategic mind with the ability to turn vision into strategy and implementation
- Demonstrated previous success and an ongoing ability to recruit, train, and support volunteers
- A strong and passionate work ethic
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or 7+ years of experience
- 3+ years’ experience leading a high-school ministry
- Recruit and develop leadership (volunteers and students)
- Build relationships
- Be a contributing member of Bethel sports leadership team
- Develop and implement strategy to empower at-home parental discipleship
- Promote connection with students in the local high schools
- Create a culture of service
Share This resource