Why We Love This Opportunity
Worship Ministry at Grace has been very strong and healthy for many years, marked by an excellent volunteer culture that combines musical giftedness with spiritual maturity and investment into the church overall. There is great excitement for this new season where fresh leadership is given in this role. The staff is in full support of making this role a priority in the coming years and is excited to partner with a new leader on events and, of course, the weekend gatherings. We are praying for a leader with a humble shepherd’s heart with excellent musical gifting.
Our heart is to reflect a family atmosphere of love and humility as we navigate this messy life together. Our philosophy for outreach rests on Jesus’ command to go and make disciples of all the world. We partner financially and practically as we can with local para-church organizations and worldwide missions organizations and a large radio ministry with national reach.
About This Organization
Grace Church was founded by Pastor Bill Gehm and his wife Cindy in 1985. It began as a Bible Study in a Lock Shop in downtown Amarillo. After experiencing some growth and a boost in size, the church moved into progressively larger spaces, eventually finding a beautiful church building in a nice neighborhood.
After several years of what he calls a “nice church,” Pastor Bill was led by the Lord to pursue the downtown dynamic of diversity and desperation that had accompanied the church in those vibrant early years. The goal was to reach a more diverse neighborhood in an older, less “nice” area of town to represent the light of the Kingdom in a place where many bigger churches were moving away for the greener pastures of newer developments.
The Worship Director will build a culture of musical worship within the body of Christ at Grace Church, according to God’s Word, by the power of the Holy Spirit, bringing all glory to Jesus.
The position of Worship Director exists to build, develop, and implement Worship Teams and Technical Teams to serve musically in Grace Church Services and other opportunities.
- Maintain an authentic growing personal walk with Jesus Christ through the consistent disciplines of reading the Word, immersion with the Holy Spirit (personal worship), prayer, fasting, and fellowship with the saints.
- Develop and lead an effective music ministry/culture that is in line with the vision of Grace Church.
- Coordinate our “Reverent Grace” song-writing team and music recording efforts with our in-house studio.
- Build an effective and skilled Leadership Team.
- Plan ahead and set practical goals for the worship ministry.
- Organize and direct all activities necessary to facilitate a worshipful atmosphere in services and select music for services and special events as needed.
- Find and plan ways to use music to reach out to our community.
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- Able to sing and play an instrument (guitar or piano preferably) while leading congregational worship with great skill
- Ability to shepherd volunteer musicians
- Possesses high-quality musical, organizational, administrative, and leadership skills
- Ability to motivate musicians and technical team members to grow a healthy worship culture at Grace Church
- Dependable, responsible, teachable, humble, and creative
- A passion and ability to train others to lead worship/worship teams
- Highly Skilled as a worship team leader
Share This resource