Why I Love This Opportunity
Grace Church is a healthy, rapidly growing church averaging 39% above their pre-pandemic attendance across the 3 Orlando locations. They are looking to hire a GraceKids Director for the Oviedo campus, which currently averages 130-160 kids and has a part-time GraceKids assistant on the team. Grace Church is looking for the right leader to join its amazing team as they continue to help people take their next step toward Christ.
About This Organization
Grace was planted by current Senior Pastor Mike Adkins and his wife, Kelly, in 2003. It’s grown over the last 19 years from a church with a few dozen people meeting in a rented community center to one home to about 5,000 people on three local campuses, plus thousands more online.
Grace is a healthy and rapidly growing church. Through covid, they pivoted to increase their online presence, which has helped them reach people in a city that has experienced a large amount of church hurt due to failed leaders, poor organizational decisions, and sin in an alarmingly large number of local churches.
Grace has grown to 39% above their pre-pandemic attendance (Aug 2019 vs. Aug 2022). This growth is occurring at each of the three campuses and is causing them to grow their team and systems. They are seeing long-term staff transition into new leadership roles and are continuing to add new leaders to support the ministry.
As a result, Grace is transitioning from a staff of ministry area generalists to ministry area experts. They believe their greatest strength is their strong culture and identity, and their greatest challenge is maintaining and rebuilding systems and processes to replicate and reproduce this culture.
The GraceKids Director is responsible for implementing age-appropriate ministry for children birth-fourth grade to help them take their first steps of faith. They will lead the GraceKids Associate and the GraceKids volunteer team at the Oviedo campus. This person will lead and communicate the vision, philosophy, and mission of GraceKids as they continue to reach families in and around Oviedo.
- Lead and communicate the vision, philosophy, and mission of GraceKids and Grace Church, ensuring unity with the One Church.
- Recruit, develop, and train leaders at the campus level to implement and run effective GraceKids programming.
- Help Assistant Director oversees the weekend volunteer schedule
- Regular communication with volunteers (reply to emails within 48 hours)
- Getting volunteers through the application process and training them
- Encouragement and training events for volunteers
- Recruit and train new volunteers
- Recruit and train coaches for the ministry
- Be at the church prior to services starting to set up the GraceKids environment
- Stay after services to help facilitate teardown of the GraceKids environment
- Check to be sure classrooms are set up, and supplies are in place
- Check to be sure volunteers are in rooms
- Lead volunteers (or recruit and train coaches to lead) in a pre-service huddle
- Welcome and connect with new families
- Run Campus specific & All Campus Events
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- 2-3 years of experience in leading a children’s ministry
- Active walk with Christ and consistently exhibiting Christ-like character
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate and communicate with other leaders
- Ability to organize, supervise and lead staff, volunteers, kids, and parents
Share This resource