Fusion Bible Church
Why We Love This Opportunity
The Lead Pastor role at Fusion Bible Church will be an exciting one for any leader who loves to preach the Word of God, who leads through relationships, and who places a high value on both discipleship and prayer. For that pastor, this role will be the opportunity of a lifetime!
About This Organization
In early 2011 after praying for a church in Durant, OK, that anyone could attend God led a Durant couple to open their home for a church plant. In 2012 that small group of believers met with the Pastor of Sherman Bible Church to be discipled. In August of 2013 that group of 45 men, women and children signed a charter to start Fusion Bible Church. The main purpose of Fusion Bible Church was to make disciples and to reach 400,000 people in the “Texoma region”.
Fusion Bible Church met in a local school auditorium for the first time in September of 2013. There were 100 people in the first service held. They continued to meet and have “church in a box” or a gooseneck trailer as it was for four years. 20 Acres of prime property was acquired in 2014.
Fusion continued to grow and in October of 2016, several members of Fusion started fasting and praying about a building program. In the next several months $4 million was raised in cash and pledges and ground was broken for new facilities in June of 2017. Fusion held its first service in the new building in July of 2018.
God continued to bless Fusion Bible with new disciples and growth. After the founding Pastor retired with health issues in early 2020 a new Pastor was called. 2020-2021 brought many challenges with the Covid pandemic and the resignation of the successor pastor in the fall of 2021. Since these challenges, an interim pastor was installed, and a period of peace and growth has prevailed. The church is excited to continue its legacy of being on mission with Christ and reaching the people of the Texoma region with his love.
- Lead the staff and body through modeling what it means to follow Jesus in his character and competencies with a life that is marked by the fruit of the spirit in words, actions, priorities, and motives.
- Provide Godly vision and direction for the church working alongside the Elders to help affirm, endorse, and execute it.
- Serve as the primary teacher and mentor other leaders who are gifted to teach. Help strengthen and protect the theological integrity and doctrinal purity of Fusion Bible Church.
- KEY RESULT #1: Preaching
Supporting Goal: Lead the teaching environments at Fusion Bible and serve as the primary communicator.
- KEY RESULT #2: Vision & Leadership
Supporting Goal: Receive God’s vision for the church, along with the affirmation and accountability of the Elders to endorse and execute it.
- KEY RESULT #3: Local & Global Missions
Supporting Goal: Help support and encourage other ministries, pastors, and direct missional engagements.
- KEY RESULT #4: Prayer Culture
Supporting Goal: Help equip the body to grow as men and women of prayer and strengthen the work of the ministry through intercession.
- KEY RESULT #5: Discipleship
Supporting Goal: Participate in the personal and spiritual development and growth of Fusion Bible Church.
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- Love God | Daily intimacy with God through the Word & prayer is the highest priority.
- Live Connected | Sharing life together in an authentic community.
- Serve Others | Using my God-given gifts for the benefit of others.
- Give Generously | Faithfully investing all God has given me for His Kingdom purposes.
- Share Jesus | Sharing the Gospel in my circles of influence.
Share This resource