Why We Love This Opportunity
With a dynamic and young staff, the worship ministry of Foothills Church is constantly working to create meaningful and innovative worship experiences for the congregation. State-of-the-art facilities and technology enable the creative ministries to communicate in a relevant and professional manner. With vast resources, new facilities, and cutting-edge technology, Foothills is poised for significant growth in the days ahead.
About This Organization
Foothills Church is a healthy, growing, 12-year-old congregation located just outside Knoxville, Tennessee. Averaging around 1800 (post-covid), the church has seen explosive growth over the last few years, has launched its first multi-site campus, and features a highly collaborative and innovative approach to ministry.
The Worship Pastor will bring pastoral and creative oversight, management, and visionary leadership to worship ministry. They will partner with Pastor Trent and the Executive Director of Service Programming to tell the stories God is writing through the impact of Foothills.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the music department.
- Develop teams to lead worship for Sunday services, as well as in the Children and Student Ministries.
- Ongoing leadership development/training and oversight of each team.
- Develop volunteers and equip them to lead worship in all ministries.
- Consistently seek to be informed of current worship music.
- Implement a Workflow system to manage volunteers.
- Write, inspire and/or encourage others to write original songs and other creative elements to resource the church.
- Develop ways to use nights of worship/concerts/and other creative ways to engage our community with the gospel through music.
- Work with the Director of Service Programming, Lead
- Pastor, and creative team to develop sermon series.
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- Must be a follower of Jesus Christ and have a lifestyle that demonstrates obedience.
- Passionate about developing disciples of Christ.
- Models an authentic life of worship.
- Comfortable with being a part of a team.
- Absolute trust and confidentiality in all matters.
- Creativity: see things that don’t yet exist.
- A passion for excellence.
- Emotionally healthy.
- Put team needs and desires over personal needs and desires
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing.
- Ability to make sound, critical decisions under pressure
Share This resource