Flatirons Community Church
Why I Love This Opportunity
Flatrions is a great church with a clear mission and great teams. This is an opportunity to join their West campus in Golden, CO, and lead out in a ministry to Middle School and High School students. This next-gen team is looking for a great addition with energy and passion for sharing Hope with students.
About This Organization
This church is real, raw, and bold. They aim to be a place where people can bring their unchurched or anti-churched friends without explaining or providing caveats with an invite. They seek creativity and relevance to do this while keeping theology and belief in the power of Jesus at the forefront.
They target ” real, down-to-earth” people with families in the 25 to 55 age range. Most importantly, they target the lost people of the greater community, regardless of demographic, with biblical truth and the reality of God’s grace.
The church community is predominately middle-income and Caucasian. They pursue
continued growth in diversity and demographic reach. They have five physical church
locations, one church campus within the walls of a state correctional facility, and an online campus (those who’ve never been in a physical campus but call Flatirons their church home).
The West Campus was the second campus of Flatirons Church, launching on February 16, 2014, in Golden, Colorado. Flatirons West sees over 800 weekly attendance, nearly 200 of those attending kids ministry programs each weekend.
The West Campus Student Ministry Director is primarily responsible for the Student Ministry experience at their campus. This includes working with campus staff, Support & Development, and managing volunteer teams to ensure that Student Service is done each week with excellence. This role has administrative pieces in scheduling and keeping systems up to date. Still, it requires significant people leadership and interpersonal skills since you will lead staff, lead volunteer teams, and drive new volunteer recruiting processes. The West Campus Student Ministry Director is a full-time position responsible for the execution of middle and high school ministries at the West Campus. The primary initiative of this role is to grow the program strategically and to develop broader, innovative ways of valuing and reaching students and their families in the community.
- Leadership and oversight of all aspects of student programming (activities, worship, small groups, teaching, etc.).
- Recruits, trains, schedules, and develops volunteers.
- Takes the initiative in building relationships, conducts regular informational/training sessions, and shows appreciation to volunteers.
- Pursues regular contact and builds relationships with students and their parents.
- Manages and maintains the Student Ministry budget.
- Oversees all ministry needs – accounting, email communication with parents, volunteers, and staff, tracking ministry metrics, etc.
- Supports, attends and assists the overall operation of the West Campus.
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- Submits their life to God and the authority of his Word and models a commitment to developing the character of Christ
- Understands and supports Flatiron’s vision and values; uses that vision to filter decisions.
- Embraces key values integral to Flatiron’s staff culture: integrity, honor, and mission.
- Exemplifies qualities core to Flatiron’s DNA: humility, vulnerability, authenticity, and humor.
- Committed to continual growth: spiritual, personal, professional; and invests in the growth of others.
- Uses humor to connect with people and is a relational team player.
Share This resource