First & Peoples Congregational Churches
Sidney & Savage, Montana
Why We Love This Opportunity
First & Peoples Congregational Churches are two bodies with one heart, sharing life and ministry in the quiet towns of Sidney & Savage, MT. The right Lead Pastor for them will find a quality of life and relationship seldom seen anymore in the United States or elsewhere!
About This Organization
First & Peoples Congregational Churches came to life in Sidney & Savage, MT, respectively, in the early 1900s. They share a common denominational heritage and a historic commitment to being yoked together in faith, finances, and all aspects of ministry. Both churches are members of the Montana/Northern Wyoming Conference of the United Church of Christ.
Both congregations have experienced many ups and downs over the last 100 years of ministry in the Savage & Sidney communities. They were served faithfully by their previous Lead Pastor for fifteen years prior to his retirement in 2020. The leadership of First & Peoples has been faithfully searching for their next pastor for the last two years while being served by a supply of contracted interim speakers & pastors. They are excited to finally discern who God has been preparing for this role at such a time as this.
Their community members look out for one another, value our way of life, and enjoy the beauty of the area. Their congregations are being called to be faithful, caring, and compassionate people sharing the Lord’s Word. Their congregants are composed of farmers, ranchers, healthcare workers, teachers, business professionals, irrigation specialists, and oilfield support workers.
- Provide visionary leadership for First & Peoples Congregational Churches
- Preach the good news, lead worship, and participate in the sacraments in a manner faithful to the broader Christian heritage and appropriate to the characteristics of a specific culture and setting
- Shepherd the flock by fulfilling all pastoral responsibilities such as weddings, funerals, hospital visits, etc
- Provide avenues for spiritual growth for church members
- Oversee all ministries of the church, including Youth, Sunday School, Bible Studies, Fellowship
- Gatherings, Prayer, Outreach, etc
- Continuation of church traditions, with open-mindedness to new ideas as well
- Be a member of the Church Council
Share This resource