First Moss Bluff
Director of Strategy & Operations
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Why We Love This Opportunity
First Moss Bluff is a special church. This is evidenced in even the briefest of interactions with anyone to calls this church their home. There is a culture of shepherding, development, empowerment, and authentic relationship that has been intentionally and protectively nurtured for years. Whoever joins this team will be blessed to join a very healthy church that will welcome the new leader and their family with open arms. And now is the time when everyone believes the Lord will leverage this reality to reach more souls than ever with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The sky is truly the limit over this next season and the DSO will play a critical role in seeing those efforts be fully maximized.
About This Organization
First Moss Bluff began with thirty members in 1949 when the area’s population was approximately 1,500 people. First Moss Bluff was the first baptist church in the community. It was never a mission of any other church but, from the beginning, was an independent, self-supporting church affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention. The first church building was completed on October 27, 1949, with Brother Stafford Hebert serving as a part-time pastor. The church called Brother Ben A. Hatfield the first full-time minister two years later. In 1953, the church building was moved to the present site, and a long-range building program began. The first project was an educational building that was completed on September 6, 1955. In 1960, the church voted to build a new, larger sanctuary, and the first services were held on September 11 of that year.
In the summer of 2018, First Moss Bluff moved into their new worship center while their student ministry moved into the old worship center. In the hallway of their new worship center, you can find a photographic timeline of the church’s history. Their prayer is that God continues to use First as a beacon of truth, hope, and light in the Lake Area for many years to come.
Vision: Work with the directional team to develop strategies to turn vision into reality through scalable systems, processes, and policies.
Strategy and Operations: Create scalable policies, procedures, systems, and processes for daily operational management: finances, human resources, office management, etc.
Stewardship Development: Create a system for financial stewardship development among the members of First Moss Bluff – develop the financial leaders of FMB.
- Own First Moss Bluff’s vision and mission
- Guard the vision, DNA, and culture of First Moss Bluff with care
- Serve as a member of the Directional Team
- Work with directional team members to initiate replicable and scalable systems that will transfer to future campuses of First Moss Bluff across all ministries
- Lead the facilities team to curate a beautiful campus so that the ministries can create excellent environments
- Fund each ministry to have everything they need to create an irresistible environment
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- Character: staff members are required to be persons of high character
- Competency: staff members are expected to have high competency in the area of their specific roles and responsibilities
- Culture: staff members are expected to operate well within the culture of First Moss Bluff
- Models the biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle that is expected of all First Moss Bluff staff and members
- Submits to and supports the leadership of First Moss Bluff
Share This resource