Why We Love This Opportunity
The philosophy of First Church, and all their online content, is to engage Generation After Generation with the Gospel of Jesus. First Church desires to capitalize on the opportunity to use social media and technology to break through the constant stream of content – good and bad – that people are scrolling through daily. Engaging, scroll-stopping ads, websites, and social media platforms that all direct people to getting involved with the church, building relationships, and then eventually coming to realize their need for the most important relationship – their relationship with Jesus.
About This Organization
First Church was founded in 1893. Several of First Church’s original founding families still call this church home more than five generations later, truly making First Church a place with a generation after generation legacy!
About twenty years ago, First Church chose to honor the sacrifices made by previous generations and realized they needed to change the atmosphere to reach the next generation. After contracting to as few as 200 people, First Church reached a place of humility and openness to God’s Great Commission call for their church and began dreaming and planning to build a new location. For the last seven years, First Church has been growing rapidly under John Hill’s leadership and, in 2016, moved into a new building funded solely by the congregation’s generosity. As they started building out their second location/campus, COVID happened. Pre-COVID, First Church was averaging about 1600 people in one location. Today, worship attendance is between 1,200-1,400 people per weekend at two locations.
First Church is so thankful to see people far from God filled with life in Christ and excited to see future generations love Jesus through His power at their church.
The Online Director at First Church will create, oversee, and give direction to immersive, cohesive social media content, amazing eye-catching graphics, and seamless management of all online platforms that engage 10,000 people per week.
- Develop a coherent, recognizable brand.
- Create engaging text, image, and video content consistently across all platforms.
- Design scroll-stopping posts to sustain readers’ curiosity create buzz and interaction around Sundays and events.
- Capture content during Sunday services for recap stories, videos, and posts.
- Create a regular, active publishing schedule/content editorial calendar.
- Promote content through paid social advertising.
- Produce the design and production for website and social media branding.
- Think creatively to develop new design concepts, graphics, and layouts.
- Create an aesthetic for each ministry season.
- Leverage the right tools to manage all accounts.
- Monitor online reviews, posts, and comments, responding with thoughtful, grace-filled replies.
- Create new ways to use social media to attract new visitors from various demographics.
- Build, equip, and lead a top-tier social media volunteer team.
- Have an engagement and growth strategy, analyzing and tracking all key metrics.
- Learn and implement Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, and improve SEO.
Share This resource