First Baptist Church Boerne
Evangelism & Missions Pastor
Why We Love This Opportunity
FBC Boerne has entered a season of exciting ministry as they pursue a new vision. This vision has created great enthusiasm for the need for a new Evangelism & Missions Pastor! This leader will be challenged with a fantastic opportunity to transition the culture of FBC Boerne and will be significantly supported in doing so. FBC Boerne desires that each member be a light for the gospel of Jesus Christ and fulfill the Great Commission in their community and around the world.
About This Organization
First Baptist Boerne is a growing church with an average weekend attendance of just under 1000 people and is located in the Texas Hill Country just outside of San Antonio. The church actively seeks to meet the spiritual and community needs of one of the fastest-growing geographic areas in the country. They purpose to be a Spirit-led and prayerful family of faith who Jesus Christ has empowered to love Him and all people through Biblical service. Their vision is to be a gospel-centered, multi-generational church family who highly values Growth Groups and living their lives on mission for Jesus Christ.”
The Senior Pastor is a consummate team builder in listening, affirming, and always being open to new ideas with the staff. Staff members are trusted to operate in their areas of expertise and empowered to lead in those areas. In 2021, the team formed a covenant to establish how the staff will work together, have the freedom to speak openly and honestly, and celebrate God’s work in the church and among one another. Those who work at FBC Boerne enjoy a collaborative and friendly environment where everyone enjoys working and having a good time together.
The primary focus of the Evangelism & Missions Pastor will be on mobilizing the FBC Boerne family to reach the lost and care for needs through local and worldwide outreach. As to evangelism, this pastor will possess a passion, vision, and strategy to see every individual and family of FBC Boerne sharing the gospel. As for missions, they will provide leadership and oversight to drive the relationship and support of local and international mission partners and guide individuals and families of FBC Boerne to serve local mission partners and actively participate in mission trips.
- Cultivate the practice of personal and corporate evangelism within the FBC Boerne membership.
- Evaluate, develop, and implement strategies and structures that facilitate involvement in local, domestic, and international missions.
- Lead and manage the people and processes associated with the evangelism and missions ministries.
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- The successful candidate will be passionate about evangelism and “ooze” Jesus to those around them.
- This person should be relatable to people of all ages and energetic with a winsome personality that inspires others toward missions and sharing their faith.
- As a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset, the leader should be able to build and strengthen partnerships across various international and domestic cultures.
- Experience in a similar church staff role is needed, and background as a missionary would be a plus.
- There is a large Hispanic population in the area, so a Spanish-speaking leader would also be a plus (though not required).
- This person should have the experience and ability to preach.
Share This resource