First Baptist Church Boerne
Why We Love This Opportunity
FBC Boerne believes that a vibrant children’s ministry is crucial to the overall health and vision of the church. The children’s ministry is well resourced financially with remarkable facilities that have even more significant potential. There is an incredible support staff in place, and this area has the full backing of the executive pastoral team to do whatever is needed to reach families. The prospects for ministry to children and families in Boerne are massive! Families are moving into this area daily, and the church is primed to reach them through extraordinary connection points in the community.
About This Organization
First Baptist Boerne is a growing church with an average weekend attendance of just under 1000 people and is located in the Texas Hill Country just outside of San Antonio. The church actively seeks to meet the spiritual and community needs of one of the fastest-growing geographic areas in the country. They purpose to be a Spirit-led and prayerful family of faith who Jesus Christ has empowered to love Him and all people through Biblical service. Their vision is to be a gospel-centered, multi-generational church family who highly values Growth Groups and living their lives on mission for Jesus Christ.”
The Senior Pastor is a consummate team builder in listening, affirming, and always being open to new ideas with the staff. Staff members are trusted to operate in their areas of expertise and empowered to lead in those areas. In 2021, the team formed a covenant to establish how the staff will work together, have the freedom to speak openly and honestly and celebrate God’s work in the church and among one another. Those who work at FBC Boerne enjoy a collaborative and friendly environment where everyone enjoys working and having a good time together.
At FBC Boerne, a high value is placed on a multi-generational approach to ministry. The Children’s Minister will create environments that foster strong, Christ-centered relationships with godly adults who invest in them and their families and create a fun, life-giving community with their peers. This leader will help children come to an understanding of the gospel by connecting them to the Word of God and helping them apply it to their everyday lives. Because FBC Boerne believes that the primary responsibility for a child’s spiritual development is in the home, this person will help parents in their spiritual development and support them as they invest spiritually in their children.
- Build relationships with children and parents.
- Develop strategies and programs that facilitate ministry to children and their families.
- Lead and develop the people and processes associated with the children’s ministry.
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- The successful candidate will understand holistic discipleship and explore ever-increasing ways to equip parents to invest in the spiritual growth of their kids.
- This person will have a love for people, and a magnetic personality bent toward recruiting and training others.
- As a servant leader, the Children’s Minister should lead by example and have a desire to be “in the trenches” with those who serve.
- The new Children’s Minister should be well-organized and communicate clearly and effectively with volunteers and families of the children in their care.
- This person should be a collaborator, possess a self-awareness that allows them to empower others, and welcome feedback as they strive toward excellence.
Share This resource