Counseling Center Director
Why We Love This Opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to build, grow, and develop a licensed professional counseling center. For the right candidate, this opportunity represents the chance to launch a clinical practice leveraging the resources, budget, and people of Faith Church. The existing counseling center at Faith Church utilizes independent contractors to provide licensed mental health therapy and sees approximately 400 people come through its doors each month. The new Counseling Center Director will have the opportunity to build on the existing, thriving practice and determine the direction the center takes in the days ahead. From finding a new location and building to creating client intake procedures and billing solutions, the new Counseling Center Director will have the opportunity to speak into every aspect of the Counseling Center.
About This Organization
Faith Church is a vibrant, healthy, and growing community of believers. Through their four services each week, approximately 1800 people gather post-covid (pre-Covid attendance was around 2500). Faith Church sees its mission as creating opportunities to give people more access to Jesus with a relational approach to ministry. They do this through creative, innovative, and forward-thinking ministry. With a focus on loving people well, the staff and members prioritize relationships, mentoring, and coaching.
The next Counseling Center Director will be a builder of systems, a leader of leaders, and have the desire to see clinical mental health counseling through a Biblical worldview. Recruiting therapists, building a practice, and creating operational systems will be things the new Counseling Center Director is excited and inspired to do. Additionally, he or she must be a visionary hard worker who wants to see people throughout the community resourced with empirically proven, scientifically-based mental health resources combined with a Biblical worldview. The new Counseling Center Director will need to be a Licensed Professional Counselor in the state of Pennsylvania, or be willing to pursue licensure.
For the right person, this opportunity represents the unlimited potential to see lives changes, families healed, and mental health prioritized in the community.
- Key management leader of Counseling Center
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff
- Planning an operation of the annual budget
- Provide regular counseling sessions to clients, averaging a maximum of 5 hours of therapy session per week
- Works with staff to ensure that the purposes are fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach
- Oversight of the administration, program, and clinical development of Counseling Center
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key organizations throughout the state and utilizes those relationships to strategically enhance the purposes of Counseling Center
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- Master’s degree in clinical mental health
- Maintained registration with the State of Pennsylvania as a Licensed Professional Counselor (if licensed in another state must be willing to pursue licensure in PA)
- Presents a confident and professional approach and can relate effectively when working with other professionals and the public
- Solid budget management skills and experience, including budget preparation, analysis, and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Knowledge of records management and ethical standards for mental health professionals as well as other nonprofit organizations
- Skills to collaborate with others
- Strong communication skills
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
Share This resource