Venture Christian Church
Executive Pastor of Ministry
Los Gatos, California
Why We Love This Opportunity
Slingshot is excited to partner with Venture Christian; we are looking to fill the Executive Pastor of Ministry role this time. The hire will likely also serve as a second primary voice on the main stage for weekend services. The candidate should be gifted as a communicator and have a shepherding heart and be a proven leader.
About This Organization
Venture Christian Church is establishing itself as a church IN the community FOR the community. With relevant teaching and engaging ministry environments, Venture is poised to make a dramatic impact for the Kingdom in the future. Prior to COVID, the church saw more than 3500 people gathering each week. People are beginning to return to the in-person gatherings (about 2000 weekly) on Sunday, and the excitement every weekend for what God is doing is palpable.
Venture has a welcoming vibe and a contemporary expression of worship with an effective and relevant ministry for every age group. As Senior Pastor, Tim Lundy is known for his biblical and practical teaching style that welcomes and challenges those far from God and believers alike. It’s a big church that connects individuals through small groups and serving opportunities.
Today, Venture continues to pursue the vision to reach the Bay Area and beyond with the life-changing gospel of Jesus Christ. The church is excited to bring on an Executive Pastor of Ministry who is passionate about people and communicating God’s Word. It is anticipated that this new hire will serve as a second main-stage Pastor and preach regularly.
The Executive Pastor of Ministry will serve Venture Christian Church by providing strategic and organizational leadership as a member of the Executive Pastor Team in partnership with the Senior Pastor.
- Ensure the integration of VCC vision and mission into all aspects of ministry.
- Lead the ministry staff in the establishment and ongoing direction of ministries that effectively reach the church’s demographic, ensuring the accomplishment of the overall mission.
- Establish and maintain a set of key performance measures.
- Partner with the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor Team in strategic planning.
- Oversee the staff performance review process.
- Lead the processes of hiring or terminating staff, as needed.
- Partner with Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor Team in building an ongoing culture of personal and professional growth for all staff.
- Give direct oversight to the Family Ministries Team, the Care Team and the Discipleship Team.
- Partner with the Senior Pastor in the coordination and planning of the Preaching Calendar. Preach an average of 16 times per year.
- Partner with Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor Team in future growth plans.
Qualifications: M.A. or M.Div. or equivalent life experience and training.
Share This resource