Executive Pastor of Ministries & Operations
Why We Love This Opportunity
Connection Pointe is a contagious congregation that averages over 4,000 in total attendance each weekend. From the moment you step on the CPCC campus, you experience a commitment to excellence, and you feel the care of a strong staff and lay leadership team. From the parking lot to the café, children’s, youth, and main auditorium, there is an obvious love for God and devotion to each other. It is a big church that has learned how to grow small and love and lead people well!
About This Organization
At Connection Pointe, the mission is simple and runs through the fabric of all the ministries and staff.
“Connecting people to Jesus and each other.”
Connection Pointe was founded in 1837. The first congregation met in homes around Brownsburg and eventually in the town’s first schoolhouse. In the next 100 years, the church would not only grow through many building projects but also in its outreach to the community and world.
The church relocated to its current location in 2001. Brownsburg Christian Church became Connection Pointe Christian Church in 2006.
In 2017 John Dickerson was welcomed as the new Lead Pastor of Connection Pointe. Since then, God has blessed Connection Pointe with continued growth.
Connection Pointe has a strong focus on excellent weekend services where they pride themselves on multi-generational worship. Connection Pointe’s impact and influence push beyond the walls of the church with a commitment to digital viewership. Connection Pointe is now reaching as many as 15,000 people online with their message and story. In a world where Blockbuster is dead and Netflix is thriving, Connection Pointe knows digital delivery will be a key strategy to connect more people to Christ.
The Executive Pastor of Ministries and Operations supports the Lead Pastor by leading the ministries and operations staff teams to implement the vision, mission, values, and functions of Connection Pointe. This position reports to the Lead Pastor as one peer level equal (the Executive Pastor of Creative and Communications) and collaborates effectively with the other members of the Executive Team.
- Serve God and others by executing the vision of the Lead Pastor.
- Cultivate excellent relationships with all Executive Team members.
- Constantly assess and improve staff culture in collaboration with Executive Team and staff values.
- Oversee budgets and finances in coordination with the Chief Financial Officer.
- Effectively handle emotionally demanding and difficult situations that inevitably arise.
- Meet weekly with the Lead Pastor and Executive Team to provide an update on current ministry activities and to discuss solutions on current ministry issues.
- Assist Lead Pastor with weekly meetings, all-day planning, and retreats.
- Meet regularly with reporting staff members to discuss ministry goals and provide feedback on ministry direction and strategies.
- Develop strategies and opportunities for team member professional development and training.
- Conduct Annual Performance reviews and give employees feedback.
- A full job description is available upon request.
Share This resource