Church Of The Open Door
Why We Love This Opportunity
Church Of The Open Door is entering a fantastic and exciting season. They are looking for their next leader to build on a strong foundation and assist with developing new systems to lead into a new season of ministry for the church. They are looking for a committed, invested, spiritual and musical leader to build and shepherd a strong team of disciples who lead worship.
The next Worship Director will be highly involved in developing leaders and worship culture at COD. This is an incredible place to grow and expand in both influence and leadership while making a tremendous Kingdom impact for years to come under the leadership of a dynamic, godly leader and partnered with a terrific staff!
About This Organization
Talking with any staff member at COD and the word relational will come to the surface. The environment is very relational and collaborative. There is a heavy emphasis placed on teaching the Word of God in services as well as studies throughout the church. You will find people who are thirsty for God, who seek to know Him through careful study of His Word.
COD York works to allow its Core Values to permeate everything they do.
Those Core Values, detailed above are:
The leadership of COD York is strong and healthy. The environment is highly relational and embraces a team-based approach. Leadership genuinely cares about the individuals of the staff and will prioritize the relationship over the task. There is a lot of grace. One of their goals is to “honor the past and live for the future.”
The church currently has two campuses. This leader will serve at the West York Campus, which is the original campus of the church. The second campus is in East York, which has its own staff and volunteers. Worship happens live at each campus during services with the sermon sent via simulcast.
The role of the Campus Worship Director is to provide direction to the worship activities of the assigned campus. In cooperation with other worship staff and under the direction of the Director of Creative Arts, this position implements the worship goals and standards established by the pastoral staff. This position will recruit, train, and develop musicians at the campus level and provide leadership and discipleship for worship teams and activities. The Worship Director will be a resource to all campus ministries in regard to music and worship in order to maintain excellence and help people discover life change through Jesus.
This position maintains the campus worship budget and oversees the scheduling and equipping of campus worship teams. The Campus Worship Director will work with the Campus Pastor to influence campus worship towards excellence and engagement. This position will collaborate with the other worship staff to create a unified experience at COD.
- Work with worship staff to bring an excellent, energetic, and unified worship experience to the people
- Collaborate on worship technology implementation and service design
- Recruit and train volunteers for the worship ministry, prepping them for the necessary aspects of serving on the team, striving to make them successful
- Identify and develop people for leadership opportunities
- Lead worship for Sunday morning worship services
- Oversee the scheduling and administrative details of the worship services and events of the assigned campus
- Assist with the planning and executing of special events and outreaches into the community in the areas of worship and creative arts as assigned.
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- This person will bring overall leadership to the worship ministry of the West York Campus of COD.
- They will serve as the primary worship leader who will also work to develop those around them.
- Their presence on stage and ability to engage the congregation in dynamic, joy-filled, Christ-exalting, Spirit-led worship with excellence will be a key component.
- This person will work closely with the Campus Pastor, Creative Arts Director, and Technical Director in the growth and expansion of creativity to build and create intentional weekend services.
- The right leader will lead with a great sense of spiritual awareness and a shepherd’s heart to lead the team and congregation into genuine and participative worship.
- They will lead through a creative lens that recognizes the culture they are living and serving in with an awareness of how to engage the heart of those who attend across generational lines.
- Their ability to incorporate various styles of worship music and creativity into what COD is already doing is of high value.
- This leader must possess the ability to “read the room” and pastor moments through exhorting/encouragement, speaking into moments as appropriate, and leading the Church in more than just songs but meaningful, Jesus-centered, worship encounters.
- They will value excellence and the stewardship of gifts and lead their team with an evangelistic heart for the lost.
- These relational and pastoral skills cannot be overstated.
Share This resource