Christ the Rock Community Church
Why We Love This Opportunity
The next Worship Leader at Christ the Rock has an incredible opportunity to focus their attention on loving team members well and leading worship that compels people further in their walk with Jesus! I am eager to connect with candidates who love leading worship and possess a deep relationship with Jesus, from which they will lead and encourage others.
About This Organization
Christ the Rock’s mission is simple. Make Disciples of Jesus. This mission is lived out in every ministry within the church, including the worship ministry. They possess a great building with a rocking kids ministry, a cafe space that’s open and utilized by the public during the week, and a beautiful auditorium space.
Christ the Rock is truly non-denominational. They are elder governed and led by a senior leadership team. Christ the Rock has an ordination process that staff can choose to walk through. On theological matters, Christ the Rock will ordain women. They ascribe to a traditional stance of marriage. They practice communion on roughly a monthly basis and celebrate adult baptism (recently celebrating 68 baptisms in May!)
The Worship Leader will give leadership, setlist curation, team development, and coordination to the musical worship team. They will be overseen by the Creative Arts Director and will work alongside the Technical Arts Coordinator and Administrative Support for the ministry.
- Works closely with the Creative Arts Director to plan the content and execution of all worship gatherings.
- Oversee/develop Worship Arts volunteers, both on weekends and within other CTR ministry environments.
- Responsible for working alongside CTR leadership to develop a strong worship culture within the church.
- Serve as “lead worshipper” in weekend worship gatherings.
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- This person will possess the character of a Christ-follower.
- They will have a passion for worshiping God coupled with strong vocal and proven worship-leading abilities.
- They are able to accompany themselves on acoustic guitar or keys.
- They have an appreciation and desire to creatively incorporate “ancient-future” liturgical elements into gatherings while maintaining an evangelical bent.
Share This resource