Director of Development
Why I Love This Opportunity
Child Bridge is, by all measures, an incredibly healthy organization making a profound impact in Montana and around the world. The team is energetic, agile, and committed to using all of their time, treasure, and talent to find and equip foster and adoptive families to care for children who have suffered abuse and neglect.
The Director of Development will have a key role in shaping and mobilizing the strategy behind the overall development plan. This is a very rare opportunity to work with some of the best minds in the world in a variety of channels in the fundraising space while still being part of a small, collaborative, and visionary mission.
About This Organization
It started in 2008 with a simple magazine ad that said there are 143 million orphans. That statistic jumped right off the page and stomped on the hearts of our founders, Steve and Mary Bryan. It was unfathomable to think that in a world with 2 billion Christians, there could be such a devastating crisis for the children God specifically called us to defend. If just 7% of Christians cared for a single orphan, there would be no more orphans. And with that, Child Bridge was born.
Today, Child Bridge is the largest recruiter of foster and adoptive families in the state of Montana. The organization recruited over 100 new Montana families to the foster journey this past year alone, specifically calling Christ followers to step forward to care for the vulnerable. Child Bridge offers foster and adoptive families ongoing training, coaching, connection, and support through a team located in seven locations across the state. All services are offered through a trauma-informed, biblical lens and provide opportunities for families to walk alongside others who are on the same journey of caring for vulnerable children.
The Director of Development is a pivotal role in executing the annual fundraising plan. This role will drive and manage existing development programs as well as create new programs to engage with donors. The primary focus of the development team is to create a sustainable fundraising infrastructure that offers meaningful opportunities for donors to engage with the mission and supports organizational growth.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, lead the execution of a comprehensive fundraising plan that engages all programs and activities of development, including but not limited to grants, major gifts, direct mail, and monthly giving, engaging stewardship best practices, donor tier moves, attrition prevention, and acquisition.
- Implement a monthly donor program, efficiently integrating the strategy and activities in the overall fundraising plan.
- Expand donor stewardship activities to continue our above industry retention rate.
- Manage a portfolio of major donors with the capacity to make five-six figure gifts.
- Manage a growing portfolio of mid-level donors with the capacity to make four-five figure gifts.
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- HUMBLE STEWARD – High integrity and consistency in doing what is right by the people God has placed before them. Imperfectly seeking God in all situations, acknowledging His sovereignty, and resting in His grace.
- LOVES PEOPLE – The Director of Development must be energized by relationships. They will nurture old relationships and foster new ones.
- EMOTIONALLY INTELLIGENT – A highly intuitive and wise discerner who can listen well while sensing how best to approach a situation and the people with whom they interact.
- STRATEGIC THINKER – Ability to see relationships as an art form and can build the strategy and infrastructure to support it.
- ARTICULATE – Communicating effectively and respectfully in all situations…verbal and written
Share This resource