Chief Financial Officer
Why We Love This Opportunity
God has done great things over 30+ years of ministry, and the best days of ministry fruitfulness are still ahead.
There is a great foundation of skilled team members in place representing many years of impacting ministry at Victory. This serves as a launching point for a dynamic future as people are coming back to church after COVID. There is a large vision for a great season ahead. Victory is getting ready for a major building renovation, and a sizable church-wide technology upgrade.
The church is located between Tampa and Orlando, FL. Lakeland has been recognized as an “All American City.” It’s a friendly mid-size city of 250,000, with all of the amenities.
About This Organization
Victory Church launched in March 1989. From day one, the church has had a heart to reach lost people. Victory is truly known as Lakeland’s ‘community church’. In 2006 Victory launched the South Campus which is thriving today as they meet in a movie theater.
In 2020 (pre-COVID), Victory averaged approximately 3,000 in weekend attendance. They occupy 170,000 square ft of permanent buildings, located on 85 acres.
Every person is encouraged to live a life of personal evangelism. Victory gives about $1.5 million each year to advance the gospel locally and globally. They support 240 missionaries around the world, and partner with 47 missional organizations. The Dream Center and inner-city Kids Club program are known city-wide for having a tremendous impact on the community.
Coming out of COVID, in-person participation continues to rise. The leadership of the church anticipates a great ministry focus heading into the Fall of 2021.
Victory Church is currently seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join the movement of what God is doing in and through this ministry and its leaders.
The CFO will:
- Oversee the activities of the Financial Operations Team, including Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Risk Management, and HR departments for the Church, School, and Dream Center
- Protect and maximize return on financial assets, guide financial decisions and determine financial projections
- Monitor and confirm financial condition of the organization, providing the necessary reports, data and analysis
- Produce and prepare all necessary board reports and ensure board compliance
- Ensure integrity, accountability, and stewardship within the organizational standard policies and procedures
- Must have a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, CPA or equivalent experience in a related field
- Experience working inside an organization with annual budget that exceeds $20M
- Must have worked in a financial management position – Previous experience in a faith-based non-profit and/or church environment is helpful
- Tech-savvy and an excel/Google super-user
- Must be flexible, adaptable, innovative, and able to work under pressure and on short deadlines
- Love the local church and is actively engaged in the life of the church
Share This resource